MotoGP » Valentino Rossi: I hadn't forgotten how to ride

"I was quite sure that after two bad seasons I hadn't forgotten how to ride. But the way to ride the bike has changed very much" - Valentino Rossi.

GrumpyOldMan

February 19, 2013 7:21 PM

The wiley veteran not going quietly into the night (Rossi).
Two guys at the peak of their abilities (Lorenzo and Pedrosa).
A young gun looking to make an immediate impact (Marquez).

I love it. Too bad Stoner's not around to make it even more interesting.

Ratdeal - Unregistered

February 19, 2013 7:18 PM

I think the key thing to consider here, is that Valentino is only a few tenths, if that, behind Lorenzo on the time sheets. Generally those last couple tenths are extremely difficult to find, but if you consider his limited time on the M1, this can only bode well for the future. I am sure he will have the pace to match Lorenzo in terms of out and out pace. The only real question mark is whether or not he can match Jorge's metronomic consistency over the race distance. This is the real challenge and the only question left unanswered. I believe we will only find out by the mid season mark if Rossi has the race pace to match the front runners.

jamie - Unregistered

February 19, 2013 6:51 PM

Lorenzo, through those tough years has been very polite with me. He, like Pedrosa, has shown me respect, not raging about me. Something that Stoner, and in part Dovizioso, didn't do. With me, Lorenzo has always been very fair

Now I feel competitive, but to beat Lorenzo and Pedrosa there is still much to do, especially on race-pace. Many think I should stop, but I know the truth!"

dacron

February 19, 2013 6:30 PM

the only thing that has changed since 2010 is that stoner got on a competitive bike and showed his true colors and dany and jlo who were the only ones able to ride with him adopted his high pace riding style.
i still think vales style will be enough to keep tabs on jlo and dany , i also think with stoner not there to keep raising the bar they will both eventually fall back bellow the red line and the racing will become closer for others to get into the front mix.

billie_morini - Unregistered

February 19, 2013 5:28 PM

Rossi said, "The riding style of the top guys - Stoner, Pedrosa and Lorenzo..."

There! He said it. The top guys are Stoner, Pedrosa, and Lorenzo. Everybody should be happy now.

bikeman - Unregistered

February 19, 2013 5:04 PM

Forever the bragger and boaster. So he hasnt "forgotton how to ride" (and he couldnt even ride the Ducati when it all blew up in his face) but sure he will have forgotton 'how to win' now he's on Yamaha.

fighting for 4th or 5th - Unregistered

February 19, 2013 4:42 PM

i think he could be getting beaten by crutchlow this yearwhich and at the end of the race be finishing 10 seconds from the winner. i also think JL will struggle this year against the hondas,it would be nice to see rossi up front but i honesrly dont see him or the yam touching the honda this season

someone - Unregistered

February 19, 2013 4:27 PM

i know VR will not dominate this season like what he did last decade but at least his still competitive and enjoying riding his m1. i don't know if he can still win a race or win a title once again, this year or next year.

but as a fan, it is enough for me to see him on the front and not at the mid or fighting with CRT.

Ich - Unregistered

February 19, 2013 4:11 PM

I personally think that these new improved Yamahas don't really help Rossi too much.

What I mean is that Rossi is a racer/fighter and these new very improved bikes with enormous grip and fantastic electronic are better suited to metronome-riding style like Joerge.

someone - Unregistered

February 19, 2013 3:49 PM

i laught every time 99 Crytstal Ball comment. he say's he didin't hate VR or any rider, he's just a fan of racing.

like sam said, if only 4 bikes are capable of winning why does BS didn't win last season?

my point here is, VR is still competitive not just because of the bike but also with his talent. you can't win in motogp with the bike only and have no talent.

i know also that he fail in ducati. but the bike is a joke.

stoner won on it because of his talent, he is amazing rider. he move to another manufacturer cause he know where ducati is going to be.

« 9 10 11 12 13 14 15  »