MotoGP » Sepang 'reality' for Valentino Rossi

"This is the reality. The first three guys are very fast - Lorenzo and Pedrosa, but also Marquez - and it looks like we need to improve" - Valentino Rossi.

Edie putu - Unregistered

March 01, 2013 9:12 AM

Every season the team use new spec bike,its does not mean when stoner as WC in 2007, he will able again as cham on Duc, bring him mr 27 to duc, he ll be like dovi on test finished at 7th or 8th. we will see the best motogp ever,i believe rossi will able finish at 2nd end of season,MM & DP will have 3-2 crush at least.
from kuta bali indonesia.
Rossi will araise above again !!!

Codger

March 01, 2013 10:03 AM

@ Dave...when Rossi was on the Ducati a lot of guys on here wanted him to fail, seemingly ignoring the fact that Ducati would fail with him. A different story now. They still want him to fail and if he does happen to do well it will be down to the bike being 'the best on the grid' and 'tyres biased toward him' etc.

All in good fun I hope.

Slide Rules! - Unregistered

March 01, 2013 12:36 PM

On the contrary Codger! I regularly look back at old stories and I would say that there is a lot of concern about where Ducati would end up if Rossi wasn't able to meet his aim with the bike.
Who'd have known the failure would be that spectacular but luckily they were still able to attract riders of some calibre and the support Audi can provide.
Despite outwardly 'surviving' the onslaught, I think the company and their reputation are now forever badly tainted. To see it happen and what it has done to loyalists (I'm not one, btw) like Preziosi simply because of a false reputation is very sad and that's not even considering the effect it has on the GP series.

Codger

March 01, 2013 1:46 PM

Fair enough Slide, I concede your points.
I hope that you are wrong on the tainted bit though.
How do you define failure? Was it Rossi and JBs or Ducati themselves?

The Retiree handed over a bike that only he could ride, with a bucket load of faults and they are still there judging by Nicky's test. Ducati tried hard to keep Rossi and his team and they have now lost two top riders. Go figure.
I'm tempted to think that R&JB have achieved something though looking at Dovi's test. Who knows?

I reckoned Dovi would be top Ducati rider and, at the moment, he is looking good. We'll see at the first race.
Either way lets have Ducati competing at the front.

joe lubin

March 01, 2013 1:59 PM

@HRC I think exactly what you said about Rossi barely keeping Lorenzo in check in 2010... "which may have contributed to him ending up properly hurt for the first time in his carrer"... I hate to admit it. I also said in 2012 that even if Vale was not on Ducati but any bike on the grid he chose, he would still not dominate the field like he used to. I AM disappointed that my theory seems to check out. The results of 2010 pretty much indicate results for 2013. Rossi should concentrate, ride not to crash, rack up points, maybe MM, Jlo. Pedro defeat themselves making an opening for Rossi.

TrueFan

March 01, 2013 2:14 PM

@Codger Stoner handed over the bike he was given. He gave good input on it - which you lot called "whinging" - but it was ignored. When the same complaints came from "he who can do no wrong", it was "wisdom from God"...
The reality is, the Ducati is an inspired but flawed design. It's also a bold man's bike. Rather than improving the design in the last two years, they've simply Yamahaed it, compromising it into nothingness. The bottom line is that Stoner was good enough to win with it anyway, but Rossi wasn't. End of. Now they have a Ducaha. It isn't a good Ducati, and it isn't a good Yamaha. Preziosi's gone, and Rossi has run back to Yamaha chasing past glories. Stoner won't be back. It's all bad for MotoGP.

Codger

March 01, 2013 3:33 PM

@ TrueFan...Please tone down your first paragraph. And don't call me 'you lot'.

Your 2nd paragraph says the same as I said, except that you put it clearer. The higher-ups in Ducati didn't listen to Casey, and they didn't listen to Rossi. Much as I want Ducati to succeed in Dovi's hand, they deserved to lose two top riders who both left for better bikes.

Agree with the rest though. Also it now turns out that it wasn't the CF frames' fault and it wasn't the 90deg engine. Why wouldn't they change the crankcases to enable the trackside adjustments? If they had then we would still have a Ducati thoroughbred.

« 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  »