MotoGP » Filippo Preziosi resigns from Ducati

"Engineer, Filippo Preziosi, has communicated his intention to resign from his position at Ducati Motor Holding"

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Realist

March 03, 2013 5:11 AM

@ Slide

Seriously dude, you're wound way too tight. If the "smiley" face didn't illustrate that I was being playful, I don't know what else to tell you. Maybe you should spend less time trying to convince unknown persons online to accept the "supported OPINIONS", and just relax and have fun with it. Us regular contributors here on Crash.net will agree to disagree on many things as we always have. The world keeps spinning.

Slide Rules! - Unregistered

March 03, 2013 5:34 AM

Trust me, I've never had to second guess what I've written 2 or 3 posts ago simply because I don't have to 'create' facts to support my opinions.
If I had to try to remember what fabrication I'd used to make my last point each time I typed, then I can imagine how you might get wound up each time you tapped out some fiction on your keyboard.
I can easily understand how you might wish the last two years would just disappear but unfortunately for you, that probably won't happen any time soon.
Cheers mate.

Dave - Unregistered

March 03, 2013 6:15 AM

@wounduptootight (AKA slide),

We are discussing reasons for ducatis situation and the outfall that has followed.

You have put all your eggs in the "its rossis fault" basket and thats your opinion.

Others like myself accept that while rossi & co didnt fix it in 80secs, many other factors have resulted in ducati being where they are.

As for facts in general, the bike was crap before rossi got it as evidenced by the F A C T that only one person could ride it competitively for 3 years before rossi got it and he jumped ship because of how crap it was.

Chill, relax, enjoy the fun these chat rooms are meant to be.

Slide Rules! - Unregistered

March 03, 2013 6:40 AM

Again David, reading and comprehension are a world apart for you.
In a very recent post I stated that of course Preziosi must shoulder some blame for the shortfall of the desmosedici, however, compared to let's say 2009 and 2010, I believe Preziosis input in the 'Rossi' years were minimal and it is quite clear with his comments especially last year that Corse were using Burgess/Rossi's constant contradictory information to try and redress the disparity between the duc and the yam. So to me, it is not surprising Gobmaier halted major development until all of the dynamic duo's changes could be tested 'properly'.
Preziosi has been somewhat vindicated by rossis failure with the development and his racing, unfortunately it's too late and it is a loss for EVERY motogp fan, whether they realise or not.

Realist

March 03, 2013 6:42 AM

@ Slidewoundmoretightlythanacoil

Much to your chagrin, I could care less about the last couple of years of Rossi's career. It doesn't bother me one bit that he didn't do as well as expected. In all honesty, the only people that are truly bothered are those who loathe and despise Rossi. His fans aren't harping on 2 bad years (on a very flawed bike) of a predominantly illustrious career. His career and his ability is far greater than Ducati. I actually feel bad for EVERY rider who has ever rode (or who is currently relegated to riding) the pig.

P.S. Interesting statement. How was Prezi "vindicated"???

Slide Rules! - Unregistered

March 03, 2013 9:51 AM

You asked how Preziosi was vindicated?
As I stated before, despite the ducati development being firmly placed under the responsibility of Rossi and Burgess' experience and genius, the ducati was going backwards at a much faster rate with the number of crashes in practice and race situations also increasing.
Preziosi was virtually exiled from the Rossi garage by the fifth round of the year.

« 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  »