MotoGP » Filippo Preziosi resigns from Ducati

"Engineer, Filippo Preziosi, has communicated his intention to resign from his position at Ducati Motor Holding"

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Motojunky - Unregistered

March 03, 2013 10:11 AM

Dave - Unregistered
March 02, 2013 11:26 PM Wow, the comments on here labeling VR & JB the culprits, conspiracies with tires and the lack of CS.

Please, a short history re-cap,

Ducati were competitive 2005 to 2007 due to tires designed specifically for the bike.

Ducati were competitive 2008 to 2010 due to CS.

CS was pick 4 at end of 2006 and if one of the first 3 accepted, ducatis competitive run would have finished at 2007 & stoners career would have finished in 2006 (at that point, a lack luster career at that).

My point, Ducati have never been a great bike, through tires and CS they managed to achieve what they have and CS owes Ducati just as much for his success as they owe CS for theirs.

Wow.
Great post Dave . Could not have para phrased ti any better myself.

Slide Rules! - Unregistered

March 03, 2013 11:31 AM

If people such as Jeremy Burgess, Alberto Puig, Lucio Cecchinello had already recognised Stoners obviously immense talent, I very much doubt he would have gone without a factory ride for long at all.
It's quite possible he could have won a title as a privateer were he to get a honda or Yamaha ride in 07 or 08. Who knows it's quite probable that his Ducati career was responsible for 3 less titles than he did get, which would mean two less for Rossi and one less for JL?
More probability than possibility I reckon, although George has never ridden the Ducati, maybe he's another natural like Stoner?
All speculation but not beyond the realms.

jambop - Unregistered

March 03, 2013 11:47 AM

@slide rules
You asked how Preziosi was vindicated?
As I stated before, despite the ducati development being firmly placed under the responsibility of Rossi and Burgess' experience and genius, the ducati was going backwards at a much faster rate with the number of crashes in practice and race situations also increasing.
You are just making things up now! Stacey spent more time in the sand in 2009 and 2010 than Rossi ever did. How many races did Rossi fail to complete because of a race fall in the two years he was with Ducati? Answer? ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The truth of the matter was that the Ducati was way worse than Rossi and Burgess thought it was, Chapeau Stacey for riding the bike as hard as he did to win! He was though very luck to be alive at the end of his tenure at Ducati, review all his falls both practice qualifying and racing through the years 2008,9 and 10 and talk to yourself honestly when you say was he lucky or what! Rossi never attempted to ride the bike with that element

jambop - Unregistered

March 03, 2013 11:57 AM

The point is debatable whether the Ducati is better or not after Rossi and Burgess's work. I would say just by observation that it is and we will know better after a few races this season. Dovi has done well considering he has not ridden the bike before, I put that down to Rossi and Burgess's input rather than Dovi's ability they have made it more user freindly. If Dovi had any real ability he would have shown that in Four years on Honda alas he did not, one win in four years pfft. Dovi might surprise us all but I doubt it he has only won one more race in his moto gp carreer than Rossi has championshis in his!

Slide Rules! - Unregistered

March 03, 2013 12:19 PM

Rossi crashed 4 times in races in 2011 alone!
I used gaps to the leader to form my opinion of his progress between '11 and '12 as I think it's a better indication of progress, luckily I didn't use money spent to calculate proress per dollar.
I'll agree on one thing though, rossi never rode with that element... heart

EDIT byCRASH.NET! PLEASE stayon topic. This is not a Rossi thread..

jambop - Unregistered

March 03, 2013 12:53 PM

Rossi crashed 4 times in races in 2011 alone!

I repeat how many races did Rossi fail to fnish because of a fall in the two years he was at Ducati. Answer- one in 2011 and one in 2012 three other dnf because he was taken out by other riders or the race was stopped!! Out of the 36 races that he started he only finished FOUR races in a position lower than the qualifying position.

shamarone

March 03, 2013 1:17 PM

re: "the ducati "L" is 90 degree, the honda "V" is 65. the "long throw" of the L, aka the 90 degrees creates more disproportionate pulses because of the vibrations from the 90 moving pistons. the 65 degree creates less vibration (the I4s require a counterbalance shaft) because of the angle of the"V""

EDIT by CRASH.NET! Please try and stay on topic.

Codger

March 03, 2013 1:56 PM

@ Jambop......
"Dovi has done well considering he has not ridden the bike before, I put that down to Rossi and Burgess's input rather than Dovi's ability they have made it more user freindly."

You have answered a question that I posed to Sliderules.
There was no response.

I'm guessing that the revised fuel tank was a factor, and I'm guessing it was derived from Rossi and JBs input.

« 5 6 7 8 9 10