MotoGP » Moto2: Gino Rea starts own team for 2013 wild-cards

"I wanted to remain in the Moto2 Championship and running our own team was the only option" - Gino Rea.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Nick - Unregistered

March 11, 2013 11:14 AM

Good Luck Gino, It's a shame some riders have to sacrifice so much just to appear on the grid. Gino surely deserves a ride after his heroics in Sepang last year. He is incredibly fast in the wet. I hope a rich person can help him out, I feel he has the desire to succeed.

Cubikrube - Unregistered

March 11, 2013 11:36 AM

Good to see this coming together. I donated a little myself and can't wait to see him on the grid....wonder what the paint job will be like...bright orange i hope :)

lordbigsack - Unregistered

March 11, 2013 11:39 AM

@nick, or perhaps 20thousand people giving £1 per race to fund the team, I agree Gino has good talent and would be willing to stick a quid per race for him.

Gino, should sort out crowd funding like Kenny Roberts did in the final seasons of motoGP

Nick - Unregistered

March 11, 2013 11:44 AM

good idea my lord, I'd be happy to donate a £1 each round if it meant he's on the grid. Well done to Cubikrube for donating! I'll look into it. not that I'm rich.

pp916 - Unregistered

March 11, 2013 2:01 PM

Its so sad that Gino has ended up in this position, for all that he puts in and his endless enthusiasm he deserves better.Maybe he's just got too much personality for the GP crowd, they seem to prefer bland and semi-anonymous.
Good luck with this effort Gino, its a hard way to do it and in possibly the hardest class in which to make an impression (though I do still wonder if a good ride in WSS would have been a worthy alternative and a class in which he could shine). .....but whatever, he clearly wants to stay in Moto2 and there may not have been any other decent options available......its about time somebody with brass to spare stepped in with some personal sponsorship.

Pippi De Kok - Unregistered

March 11, 2013 3:16 PM

Nick, sponsorship is about return on investment. Companies enter into sponsorship deals for one purpose and one purpose only, and that is to give themselves and their products exposure. If Gino, through his results, generates the sort of exposure companies are looking for, then he will succeed. If not, he will fail. Sponsorship is about business, not helping someone out.
Having said that, full credit to Gino and his dad for creating a package which will be highly saleable should he produce the results. TV and media exposure are guaranteed if he runs up at the pointy end, and that's what companies are looking for.

Realfan 10 - Unregistered

March 11, 2013 5:07 PM

Should try and approach one of the overpaid bankers and see if they can donate some of their 6 figure bonuses, after all it is our money they are using. Good luck Gino you deserve to be in there. Keep pushing and have faith mate.

prof-x - Unregistered

March 11, 2013 7:58 PM

given the disparity in machinery in Moto2, I would rather see him on a Aprilia CRT in GPs cause he would have a better time getting some coverage. WSS/WSBK would be much better career options though, unfortunately only Spanish pilots will be winning Moto2 and MotoGP for the next 5 to 6 years, save the occasional German.

BC - Unregistered

March 11, 2013 10:04 PM

All these offers, but can someone tell me where to send my donation, lets get it going I dont no how "Help for Gino" would be a good start.

1 2 3  »