MotoGP » Dovizioso explains Ducati gains, weakness

“I'm really happy about how much we improved with the same bike” – Andrea Dovizioso.

Ausrossi

March 12, 2013 9:26 AM

What will annoy me is if they finally give Gobmeier cart blanche he turns the bike around by making wholesale changes (e.g. engine) the thing starts handling and getting on the podium and everyone will say Rossi couldn't ride.

To paraphrase Freddie Spencer's T shirt "Stoner Who?"

But don't get me wrong irrespective of the above I wish Dovi all the best.

ph3nom

March 12, 2013 9:28 AM

@ Daurius, donkey took out Stoner. Couldn't have said it better myself.
People are quick to let Mr Rossi get away with things that other riders get lambasted for. Again my point of double standards!!!

duarius - Unregistered

March 12, 2013 9:33 AM

@The Truth

your alias name doesn't reflect as to how it's supposed to be.
All you do is just bringing up all what it takes to put Casey down.the Laguna'08,Dani lead before collision in 2011 or else are just your personal partial picks.I could counter them with Casey fought extremely hard on the piggy ducati that day against mighty Yummy Yamaha to deliver one of the classy ever motogp battles that seems only he himself could do so on it as proven by his successor Mr Rossi that he couldn't do any awe let alone regular podiums or wins-he just fell off to fight for 9th back at Laguna 2012.
as for Dani lead the championship table in 2011 untill he was hit by Marco,I can say Casey was leading the Championship far comportably until a donkey hit him back at Jerez 2011 that he conceded the lead to Dani as you mentioned.
I watched and followed the years of motogp well and took time for analysis.So stop trying to look smart by bringing up a bit of sheet on Casey.not wise eh!

Dave - Unregistered

March 12, 2013 9:37 AM

How does this thread about ducati 2013 have anything to do with either rossi or stoner?

Lets leave them out of it (for once). Generally if the article is about one or the other you can understand the "rivalry" but this article has nothing to do with either.

In my opinion, the article simply confirms what many think about the bike (regardless of who is or has been riding it).

NotSureIfSerious - Unregistered

March 12, 2013 9:43 AM

Delit Ronio - are you seriously suggesting that Rossi, Doohan & Ago are not true champions? I think you need a reality check! Let's look at Ago in particular: 15 world titles, 10 TT wins. Would Stoner ever go near the IoM? I doubt it. Winner on both 2-stroke & 4-stroke machines, and at Daytona. A true legend of the sport. I could make similar cases for Rossi & Doohan. You think sliding a bike is the key to success?

Dave - Unregistered

March 12, 2013 9:45 AM

ph3nom
March 12, 2013 9:34 AM
@Ausrossi, wth Stoner on 45 MotoGP race victories and Spencer on 27 I'd have to say that the question really should be "Freddie who??"

According to you ph3, the guy with 109 GP wins is a donkey...so I dont think you should be advising what questions to ask (unless donkey is a good thing where you come from).

Angus - Unregistered

March 12, 2013 9:54 AM

Everyones so negative. CAN'T WAIT for this season. Stoner was a tool but an amazing rider. If he was still here we would have 5 riders battling at the front. Not been much RACING past 2 seasons. Now we'll have some hopefully. Think Marq will stir things up massively. Rossi THE MAN, JL and PED at their peak, and MARQ riding round on his elbows!!! FANTASTIC. Last 2 seasons they've seemed to get positions sorted in first few laps then ride round to collect points for championship. Lets have some proper fairing bashing racing. Can't wait.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10  »