MotoGP » Marquez unstoppable at Austin MotoGP test

Marc Marquez finishes Austin MotoGP test 0.6s clear of Repsol Honda team-mate Dani Pedrosa.

bluemonkey

March 15, 2013 9:21 AM

Oh man that boy is fast... Hats off to him... This is going to be a great year... its already more exciting than last year... Hope to see some great battles. And I've got my tickets for England and the Netherlands.... Yer

Darkwaknight

March 15, 2013 9:27 AM

This is typical danni, slow build and then gets it right at the end, New track, new surface, poor grip it all plays into MM hands as Dani is well know in the paddock as having AMAZING skills of picking up the smallest difference in a tiny bike change, surface, tyres etc. This has on occasion made him (by his own admission) to cautious and I think this is the case here. MM is fast for sure and he is keen to improve and fearless (Casey like) so goes 10/10ths out of the box. I will make a claim now that Dani or Jorge will win Round 2 and the same for Round 1. This is not to say that Marquez will not make the podium in both. This could be a great year of "Racing"...

DB8

March 15, 2013 9:40 AM

with the blind corners, this circuit seems to me to be about pure bravery. This kid has it in buckets.

I just hope he can keep it on the grey stuff next year, but he's a definite multi-champion in the making. He also has that "X factor" which I think will make him very popular with the crowd. Cant wait to see him mix it up!!

Sweeble - Unregistered

March 15, 2013 9:51 AM

He's definitely the real thing, but it's easy to get a bit over excited at testing times. It looks to me as if he's going to have a Lorenzo-like first season where there's a lot of speed, but also a lot of dubious moves and crashes. If he survives uninjured, I would say he'll be a title challenger in his second season. He's an exciting addition to the MotoGP grid though, it's just a shame he's Spanish! 2 wins in his first season.

Claes

March 15, 2013 10:02 AM

Hi
Agree with Aus Rossi Great choice to replace Stoner with, will come in as Stoner and Rock the world, and as I said before Dannis last chance was last year after Stoner crashed from second, and Rossi???? and Yamaha leaving on day2 with "problems", If I was Yamaha I would stay, but what do I know?? Danni do not seems to have much of neck pain on the Video, excuses:) Goooooooo MM this is the Best I wish Stoner was there to:) but I got him in V8's:)
Cheers Claers

James Warren

March 15, 2013 10:49 AM

Marquez to be a race winner by mid season, with the rest taken by Lorenzo and Pedrosa, with maybe a few suprises if the rain comes out.

Pedrosa must be so hacked off seeing another reason for him to come second in the championship!!!

Can't wait for the season to start as the battles are going to be for 3rd to 6th I reckon!

Tetley

March 15, 2013 11:39 AM

MotoGP is experiencing a "milestone" moment. The game is being raised to another level. MM has skill, courage, talent and breath-taking speed. In Moto2 he has shown that he can be ruthless and take no prisoners. And he's only at the start of his MotoGP career. Just imagine what he'll be like when he's established himself.
Also, he is TV gold and a sponsor magnet. His smile, his attitude, the media and the public will love him.
All he needs to seal his media prominence is some controversy, and then the media and the social networks will be full of him.
Aliens, beware!