MotoGP » Kevin Schwantz 'told to leave' Austin MotoGP test

"CotA management requested I leave the track immediately... CotA's security force also accused me of criminal trespass and warned I would be arrested the next time I entered the track" - Kevin Schwantz.

650svfan - Unregistered

March 22, 2013 1:23 AM

Business is business, but COTA is clearly going overboard to make a point. I think it would be great if all the GP riders raced with number 34 on their bikes in COTA.

I know there are100 reasons why it can't/won't happen...but it would be cool if they all had "tear off" labels of their real numbers that hid the 34...and they would remove those labels while lining up on the grid. At that point there would be nothing COTA/Dorna could do about it.

Ausrossi

March 22, 2013 1:37 AM

What I really want to know is who would win a fight out of Schwantzie and Livio, they look like they are working up to a punchup. "getta that hand outta mia face", "Eff you man!"

dacron

March 22, 2013 2:16 AM

hard to tell exactly what is going on , Kevin Schwantz. co designed the track and has been instrumental in promoting it from the beginning , he had a contract with dorna to stage motogp there but not with cota , somewhere along the line cota and dorna scratched backs and squeezed out Schwantz. and replaced him with a bloke named Steve Sexton or sexton moved in and stole schwantz cookie , so originally the beef was with sexton , cota seems to like the deal with sexton and dorna and want schwanz to go away , business greed and racing politics does have an ugly head.

Rossi46 - Unregistered

March 22, 2013 4:25 AM

The Management team must have huge ego's why in the world would you NOT want Kevin as part of your pomotion team. Indy or Austin was my choice this year. Sorry Austin, I'll take my 2000.00 to Indy this year. If you treat prior Wold Champs this way, how are you going to treat the common race fan?

magno_grail - Unregistered

March 22, 2013 4:37 AM

If Mr. Schwantz had valid passes it is not criminal trespass regardless of what CotA's disagreement with him is. So any spectator with valid passes can be accused of criminal trespass and arrested? Be sure I will not be attending.

another_round - Unregistered

March 22, 2013 4:48 AM

This is yet another reason why I am growing to despise Moto GP. There is no soul or character left in this lame, elitist BS machine they call "racing". Smug, boring, politically-controlled entertainment at best, with only $$$ as the key interest of the "gods" that control the show. Man would I rather watch WSBK... but it ain't on SPEED (I mean the FOX / (N)ASSCAR channel). Kevin inspired me as a youngster and the REAL world of 2 wheel competition knows just what he stands for and represents. F@#K Cota.....

shamarone

March 22, 2013 6:45 AM

re: "Last time I checked a press release is not a binding contract genius."

doesn't have to be einstein. a judge's discretion gives him the freedom to rule. and inside this discretion is how it all went "pear shaped" for Walmart, Target, AT&T, Electronic Arts, PepBoys, etc (names vastly bigger than COTA btw) to the tune of $100's of millions.

Realitybites - Unregistered

March 22, 2013 6:47 AM

Schwantz is one of the most important persons in the motoGp world - in his own mind. Nobody else who doesn't drink the KS kool-aid believes it - he's the mad uncle who turns up at Christmas because nobody could even be bothered to tell him to piss off. He didn't design the circuit, he didn't come up with the money, and nobody but Dorna can bring motoGp to anywhere. Suzuki didn't want him back to help their motoGp team, Dorna doesn't want to know him, he's a self-appointed serial pest. Too many crashes without a decent helmet, basically.

« 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  »