MotoGP » Kevin Schwantz 'told to leave' Austin MotoGP test

"CotA management requested I leave the track immediately... CotA's security force also accused me of criminal trespass and warned I would be arrested the next time I entered the track" - Kevin Schwantz.

RG500 - Unregistered

March 20, 2013 10:48 PM

I've met Kevin and he is a stand-up guy who sincerely wants to promote the sport of Moto GP, wether it be doing sighting laps at Laguna with the 15 year old Red Bull Rookies or bringing Moto GP to Texas. To me it looks like he is getting royally shafted by some guys in silk suits!

Personally, I have made the decision to boycott Austin, period. I will never go there.

Banditfan

March 20, 2013 11:11 PM

@TrueFan

This from the Texas Penal Code.

"30.05. CRIMINAL TRESPASS. A person commits an offense if he enters or remains on or in property including an aircraft or other vehicle of another without effective consent or he enters or remains in a building of another without effective consent and he

1. had notice that the entry was forbidden
or
2. received notice to depart but failed to do so."

Oral communication is sufficient so it would seem that if he re-entered the circuit after being warned then he would indeed be guilty of Criminal Trespass.

The Mentalist - Unregistered

March 20, 2013 11:19 PM

Former riders aren't the most successful business men most of the time, but this stinks. Even if there are two to blame, a rider of Schwantz's stature, Dorna even withdrew his racing number from the championship, should not be refused entrance to any race track, let alone a race track he helped design and helped bring a MotoGP race.

I am urging American fans to boycot the Austin Grand Prix. To millions of fans Kevin Schwantz stands for the best Motorcycle Grand Prix racing ever seen on this planet.

Kevin would not take any **** from nobody on the track, now you can show the same attitude!

Stacy - Unregistered

March 21, 2013 1:45 AM

Well, after the way "the fix' was obiously on from Yamaha with Ben Spies, I would put nothing past MotoGP! I am sick of them and their mightier than God attitude. Besides, WSBK is better racing by far. I am on the verge of boycotting MotoGP!

Ausrossi

March 21, 2013 1:50 AM

There seems to be some indication that Kevin got a marketable commodity together the deal fell through when his mate Helmund jumped ship the deal fell through but only to the point where one of the parties was not included in the development of the final contract, that being Kevin. How illegal this is is hard to say is it fair probably not but if legal and fair were the same we would have much smaller gaols. Also Kevin is no wilting violet so I think this was a stunt to keep this story alive. If he thought he had a leg to stand on legally he would be shutting up and let due process run its course.

tek984 - Unregistered

March 21, 2013 1:57 AM

I was highly considering attending the Austin race. This just might change my mind. I don't know what exactly happened behind the curtains, but this is childish & somewhat disgusting & disgrace to this sport.

wiseman - Unregistered

March 21, 2013 2:02 AM

I disagree with the boycott, there is a better way to show your support. if everyone went there wearing T-shirts with a large photo of Kevin saying "I'm Kevin Schwantz arrest me" and carry a hand fan with Kevin's face printed on it, they would mock COTA for being such ass's, Kevin could have them made and give them away to anybody with a ticket... the press would be hilarious....

pb - Unregistered

March 21, 2013 2:08 AM

Absolutely incredible. The disrespect shown to Schwantz is beyond infuriating as a long time fan of MotoGP. He does all the heavy lifting to get the track in place and bikes to the grid and this is the thanks he gets. Unfortunately, no good deeds go unpunished.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »