MotoGP » 'So happy' - Valentino Rossi returns to the top at Jerez

"Today's test session was very positive for us I'm so happy, especially because we used a different style of setting" - Valentino Rossi.

realfan

March 25, 2013 11:17 AM

It may only be testing but even on the ducati he generally ended the race ahead of his qualifying position. As long as he is there or there abouts in practice and qualifying then he is in with a good shout in the races, it's just a good confidence boost to top the timing sheets.
Can't wait for Qatar, just wish I was going back again this year.

Testing - Unregistered

March 25, 2013 12:08 PM

Rossi closing the gap slowly but surely. .. Who knows if he'll win another championship again but this guy is not going to go without a fight, that's for sure. If I was Lorenzo I'd be worried, as they say: 'the wounded lion is the most dangerous of all'.

Marc - Unregistered

March 25, 2013 1:39 PM

As a Rossi fan I'm happy for him but it's only a test and we won't really know how he stands against his three main competitors until a few races have been completed. I knew that it would take him a little time to acclimate and he'll need more time to build his confidence after the discouraging last two years. But he's going in the right direction which is good.

Marc - Unregistered

March 25, 2013 1:48 PM

KrVa I don't think Rossi was sandbagging but more getting familiar with his new bike and building his confidence back. The bike may have similarities to the 800 M1 he rode in 2010 but this is a 1000cc and he needs to adjust it to himself and also adjust a bit to it. Testing is only testing so the good thing is that it shows he's at least competitive. I hope this is a sign that it will be an interesting season as the past few have bored me.

Blade - Unregistered

March 25, 2013 2:05 PM

Ducati looks worse by the minute! This is just a stamp of approval on how the desmo sucks, its beautiful, but was does that matter in a race. If I was Nikki I would say what the hell, give me a Panigale. At least every step will be a positive!

Tetley

March 25, 2013 3:15 PM

In MotoGP It is not possible to say that rider "X" is faster than rider "Y"- it is only possible to say that Rider "A" was timed faster than rider "B" on the day, and under the day's circumstances.
Nor is it accurate to say that anyone is riding the same bike as it was in previous years. There is constant development of the top bikes, and for riders who can feel the effect of miniscule adjustments this years bike is altogether different from any previous incarnation.
When the chequered flag falls at the first race the reality will be clear.
Until then, VR46 is just saying he is happy with his performance. Even if it is just hype no-one can contradict how he feels, because only he knows truly how he feels.

Grendlehop

March 25, 2013 3:40 PM

Vale's got another few good years left in him I'm sure. Nick & Dovi are the best riders Ducati can hope for as of now. Nick in particular never gives up & is a truly a hard working dude. What really has me baffled is why Edwards hasn't returned to his roots in SBK after last year. This year looks to be even worse. He's a cowboy. Tough as nails and a free spirit. I'd love to see him and Nick on a WSBK grid someday. Sorry for the tangent there! Go Vale!

« 2 3 4 5 6 7  »