MotoGP » Crutchlow conquers final MotoGP pre-season test

"We are still working very hard with the Yamaha, but it's going to be a big battle in Qatar" - Cal Crutchlow.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Back to Moto2 - Unregistered

March 26, 2013 12:09 PM

Brad Smith getting slaughtered by Cal on the same bike.
Even Iannone on a sat Ducati is quicker.

The only thing that sucks more than BS38 is this new Crash website. It is a pig to use on my iPhone.

Bring back the friendly to use crash.net and send BS38 back to Moto2.

Please.

Grendlehop

March 26, 2013 1:50 PM

Nick636,
I never said he wasn't competitive, just that DP, JL & MM aren't going anywhere for a long, long time. Val will be in his seat for a few years @ least. Unless Ducati get a championship winning machine put together soon, I'm afraid Cal will be unable to obtain a bike capable of winning a race, let alone a title. I personally like the guy, as he says it like it is. Edwards replacement for entertaining interviews for years to come!

Nick636

March 26, 2013 1:53 PM

@ Back to Moto2

I agree 100%. SPECIALLY ABOUT THE SITE!!!!

AND WHAT IS UP WITH THE VIDEOS ON EVERY PAGE?!?!?! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO BROWSE AT WOrK WHEN I'M ALWAYS WORRIED MY BOSS IS GOING TO HEAR SOME STory HUMMING IN THE BACKGrOUNED!!!! CR@P IDEA CRASH! Simplify again please, it was faster and much easier and MUCH more efficient!

PLEEEEASE CRASH!

Nick636

March 26, 2013 2:43 PM

@ Grendlehop

My apologies, I clearly misunderstood. I agree, but I think he MIGHT get a race win in, maybe more HOPE.

Let's see. I thought you meant Edwards replacement as in never gonna be a serious contender... :D

CRT - Unregistered

March 26, 2013 3:03 PM

@
Codger

Hands up, who said Cal hadn't done enough to deserve a spot in MotoGP?

The facts remain he did FA to deserve his Moto GP ride, this however does not mean he has not earned his place to keep it. Big difference there.

Same goes for Bradley Smith.

Look at Toseland. He did plenty to earn his GP ride, he just didn't do enough to keep it. Crutchlow on the other hand is the opposite. Smith is still in the air.

This does not mean I do not wish to see them do well.

CRT - Unregistered

March 26, 2013 6:50 PM

Being quick and being a proven race winner are two completely different things. Cal won what, three races in WSBK? By this logic Fabrizio should have a Moto GP ride.

Everyone who is in GP's are quick. Same goes for WSBK, WSS, BSB, AMA etc etc.

The same applies for Nicky Hayden. He won an AMA championship. Horray! Did not mean he deserved the factory Repsol seat. Especially considering two time WSBK Edwards was given the Telefonica seat on BS tires. Hayden, like Cal, has earned thier place in GP's.

joeyz - Unregistered

March 26, 2013 7:09 PM

The only way cal will show improvement to me this year is with either a win or a pole. just getting a few podiums occasionally is not enough. If he wants a seat with the factory team, he needs poles/a win. This test proves that his bike is MORE than capable of being at the top. He's got the bike to do it, now lets see if he has the skills.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »