MotoGP » Smith picks up tips from Crutchlow, Lorenzo, Rossi

'I'd have preferred to have done a few more dry laps in testing but I am confident and optimistic that I can start the season with a strong result' - Bradley Smith

STONER - Unregistered

March 26, 2013 1:18 PM

If 93 is so good why was he 2/10s behind Bradl and only 2/10s ahead of Iannone? Top 10 is tough as all 4 Honda's have factory support and because Yamaha is playing catch up they're always going to be well ahead of Tech 3's bikes.
Top ten is where Bradl was in 2012 and now he's up there from time to time. Rookies will be fun to watch too.

Smokin - Unregistered

March 26, 2013 2:20 PM

Alan,

Only cruise around? Against numerous world champions and those with years of experience at the top level. Are you serious? Cruise?

Methinks you just don't understand what riding a bike fast in the worlds best company is all about.

Nick636

March 26, 2013 2:48 PM

@ Stoner

We are not comparing Brad Smith to JL, 46 or even Cal, we are comparing him to the OTHER ROOKIES!!!! He is being smoked by IANNONE ON THE "PIG OF A DUCATI"!

I agree in Alan G's quoting of Nakamoto-San.

Who knows, maybe he surprise and I am proved wrong, but I fail to see how he is seeing how the bike should be ridden at the limit, if he hardly reaches the limit...

STONER - Unregistered

March 26, 2013 3:27 PM

Nick636..
Iannone on that pig of a ducati is only .201 behind Marquez so does that make Marquez ultra slow and not getting all out of his Honda?
Iannone has tested at least 2 times more on that track and thats why he's so close to 93 has nothing to do with who's better than who.

Sepang feb 2011 test - Unregistered

March 26, 2013 3:55 PM

Rewind back to the pre season tests in Sepang 2011, Cal Crutchlow was down in 15th place on the time sheets, behind nearly all the Ducatis. I remember the same comments being aimed at him not deserving the ride

Dan Smith - Unregistered

March 26, 2013 4:35 PM

for all those comparing smiths performance to marque, dont for one ssecond think that they've been given anywhere near equal suppor. granted, marquez i a very ffast rider. but he hasbeen aabsolutely nurtured by repsol & honda, and has been groomed into 'the next big thing'

Toby moody - Unregistered

March 26, 2013 7:27 PM

I THINK SMITH SHOULD RODE THE CRT BIKE FOR 2013 FIRST.. BEFORE JUMPING TO THE BIG GUNS..ON RACE DAY.. I THINK HES' IN FOR SHOCK.THE EXPERIANCED CRTs.OR EX MOTOGP RIDERS WILL BE HUNGRY FOR HIM.. OVER TO YOU JULES?

Alan G - Unregistered

March 26, 2013 7:56 PM

Reply to Smokin
I think you misunderstood what I meant ref Cruising , anything less than 8th on a Satellite M1 would be Cruising given the bikes ability, if you remove the CRT's and the under performining Ducatis whats left in the race

junka - Unregistered

March 27, 2013 8:34 PM

It is only my piont of view, How Smith even got his butt on a MotoGP bike is beyound me. Mark my words... we will hear the excuses on every second Monday morning of why he is failing... Oh, now this is where he could take a few tips from Rossi.

« 1 2 3  »