MotoGP » Schwantz 'sets the record straight' on COTA claim

"Let me set the record straight: I am the reason MotoGP is coming to Texas and no one currently associated with COTA had anything to do with the design of the actual race track" - Kevin Schwantz.

shamarone

March 27, 2013 2:24 PM

guys, kevin has published links to PDF scans of the written letters on the schwantz school website. they verify his position. he was obviously trying to be a professional and withold these from the public, but apparently COTA didn't know when to shut up.

custard - Unregistered

March 27, 2013 2:25 PM

Unfortunately this is how a majority of large corporations role having had first hand experience. Get the lawyers in and stuff anyone that gets in the way of making a profit regardless of what they have done or how much they have invested themselves. The only thing Kevin is doing is being in the way of their extra mular, he has my deepest sympathies. For what it's worth at least the fans recognise what he has done and does for the sport.

shamarone

March 27, 2013 2:34 PM

re: "They have deep pockets"

that means kev and the guy in jersey who just won the $338 million in powerball have both hit the JACKPOT...!!!

cha-ching $$... back up the brinks truck... BEEP, BEEP, BEEP...

Esteban - Unregistered

March 27, 2013 2:59 PM

I am a resident of Texas. I am disabled. I wrote to COTA explaining that I can only get somebody to assist me on the Friday practice day. I asked if I could buy tickets for myself and the person that would be assisting me for that day. COTA said no. I would have to buy 3 day passes for both of us. Kevin is a legend and much loved here. I hope COTA and their lawyers burn in hell.

RG500 - Unregistered

March 27, 2013 3:57 PM

Kevin is getting royally shafted here by a bunch of sleasebags in silk suits. These type of people have no interest in Moto GP, it's just an investment for them. Could easily be a cruiseship ot a hotel in Vegas for all they care.

I'm boycotting this event! Period. I will never go there on principal.

Gabe - Unregistered

March 27, 2013 5:09 PM

A much loved racing legend Vs American Corporate greed.... No contest!!..... They use their $ millions to buy everything, even respect??!!!....

fan of motogp - Unregistered

March 27, 2013 5:12 PM

don't care where its at there's a big paid day coming for Kevin, the promotional rights multiplied by a ten year contact, (that he got screwed out of) if/WHEN he wins, is worth millions... if not a "B".... ya COTA is gona fight this long and hard Texas style, but in the in the end Kevin and his lawyers are gona get paid huge!

shamarone

March 27, 2013 5:15 PM

re: "The story is as old as capitalism! Someone (Helmund) comes up with a great idea, solicits expert input from close friend, world champion and industry icon (Schwantz) with enough clout in the industry to give the thing some teeth. Then the first guy takes on “financial partners” (McCombs and Epstein) who know nothing other than cash is king, who subsequently excise the first party."

see entry for mark zuckerberg, see entry for facebook.

Dario - Unregistered

March 27, 2013 5:18 PM

Well, I know which track I'm not giving ANY of my money to. I'll go to Indy again. Screw COTA. Regardless of their legal issues, to kick Schwantz out, despite him being an invited guest of teams testing there is disgraceful.

And to say that people with deep pockets are the only ones responsible for the race taking place is completely ridiculous, even without knowing ANY of the history. What a bunch of knobs. I hope they fail. I'm happy to cut off my nose to spite my face.

And honestly, if COTA failed, someone more deserving would buy them out for pennies on the dollar and run that place right.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »