MotoGP » Dovizioso in the dark over Ducati race distance

“Unfortunately we weren't able to do a race simulation in the tests, so tyre wear is a question mark for me” – Andrea Dovizioso.

jimmy - Unregistered

April 02, 2013 4:24 PM

Realist: Just a reaction to some comments here. Am I insulting Rossi? His ego is too big, it's pretty evident. Really, this my opinion. Rossi's years at Ducati were a FARCE. And he really didn't deserve the return to Yamaha. If Dorna didn't intervene, it wouldn't happen. I hate all this hypocritical circus. And Rossi has no self-reflection. I don't get his fanboys.

CRT - Unregistered

April 02, 2013 4:25 PM

More specifically, had they continued the development of the frameless design using money and resources spent on the perimeter frame design.

The Mentor - Unregistered

April 02, 2013 4:49 PM

You guys should really try and look at everything from a neutral point of view, not deffending Rossi or Ducati, cause let's face it none of us were there in the first place. Just how good those message about development given by Rossi were. And what was the proccess put in place by Ducati to make sure his input was interpreted and understood cerrectly. Me I don't balem either party for the last two seasons, they're both held accountable by my book. I mean Ducati is not known for being a company that follows what they're riders are asking for, and when it comes to Rossi he is used to having his way. With that being said there should be a book or something detailing the whole adventure.

Realist

April 02, 2013 4:54 PM

@ The Bad Guy

You're wrong on all fronts. I'm a Ducati loyalist. I've owned two (one of which I raced/tracked) and I'll likely never spend my coin on any other brand of bike. Ducati's BIGGEST FAILURE was not listening to their riders LONG BEFORE ROSSI. Rossi is not the source of Ducati's ails. Ducati's management is/was the source of their problems. Ducati was behind the competition before signing Rossi, and for you (or Jimmy) to suggest otherwise is complete absurdity. People have been complaining about the GP since what, 08?

@ CRT

In that respect we agree. Rossi and Co did, indeed, take them down an unfamiliar path, but isn't wasn't necessarily the wrong path. The bike is no better or worse except that the front end is a bit better (but still too vague) and the adjustment parameters were broadened.

Realist

April 02, 2013 5:00 PM

@ CRT (cont.)

I'm convinced that Ducati would be no closer to the front had they stuck with the frameless design. There is something inherently/fundamentally wrong with the GP's design that limits what can be done on the bike. We all know Stoner was an outlier, that much is a given. Stoner's success doesn't mean the bike was good. It simply means Stoner got on good with it.

CRT - Unregistered

April 02, 2013 5:07 PM

@ Realist
"In that respect we agree. Rossi and Co did, indeed, take them down an unfamiliar path, but isn't wasn't necessarily the wrong path"

It wasn't necessarily the right path either.

You are also going to have a hard time convincing me Ducati didn't listen to Rossi, as I have witnessed more upgrades and changes in two years than I saw in four years under the Stoner tenure.

CRT - Unregistered

April 02, 2013 5:09 PM

@ There is something inherently/fundamentally wrong with the GP's design that limits what can be done on the bike

Considering the Ducati has always been a stressed member, frameless design, history tells us otherwise.

Realist

April 02, 2013 5:25 PM

@ CRT

I'm not suggesting that they didn't listen (the twin spar is proof that they did), but to what extent and how timely the upgrades were produced is up for debate.

As for the stressed member statement..

..sure, but the bike still wasn't competitive like its Japanese counterparts (and by competitive I don't mean the random win or podium, I'm referring to consistency over a season...year after year). There isn't a single person on this forum who would put their mortgage on the Ducati even if Stoner was riding it.

Jon464646

April 02, 2013 5:30 PM

Ladies please stop fighting Will you!!! haha
2012 is history, Rossi & Ducati partnership did'nt work...move on will you!!! I hope Dovi & Nicky can get nearer to the front for the good of Moto GP. If Audi see another season or two fighting off CRT's then Ducati will follow Suzuki & Kawasaki out of Moto GP, which will be bad for everyone. Good Luck Ducati, Good luck Dovi, Good luck Nicky :)

lad - Unregistered

April 02, 2013 5:45 PM

The strangest thing is that some people with no engineering background whatsoever come here and give ideas about materials and chassis. Don't you for one second think that Japanese have ever tried CF frame in their labs? or why they decided Alloy is the right material? Don't you think that all the engineers at Ducati know more than you do? Ducati's biggest problem is that they don't have enough money to compete with Honda and Yamaha. Just a fresh reminder, Did ducati deliver the engine they promised?? No they didn't coz they had neither of money and time. over the past two years Ducati had countless problems with their bike. Compared to Honda and Yamaha it is something between CRT and Prototype if not complete CRT.

Some people come here and vent their angers, coz they see Rossi is competitive now. I still believe that one of the main reasons that Casey decided to go fishing was he knew that Rossi is going back to Yamaha.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »