MotoGP » Dovizioso in the dark over Ducati race distance

“Unfortunately we weren't able to do a race simulation in the tests, so tyre wear is a question mark for me” – Andrea Dovizioso.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Codger

April 03, 2013 8:20 AM

@Nick636....Nothing would please me more than to see Dovi up the front. Ask yourself this though...would Dovi be so comfortable on the 2010 bike? None of us know whether the current Ducati is improved or worsened under Rossi's input, and don't forget that you need to put, in capital letters :), that JB, Nicky, and their respective teams, were also involved in the development.

(I've responded to you as a Dovi/Ducati fan)

jambop - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 8:40 AM

@kiwibop LOL you have the wrong peron nowhere in any of my posts have I suggested Stoner retired because of Rossi going to Yamaha or for that matter because of Rossi. I did say he took some time off because of nervous exhaustion because of the Ducati spitting him off every other race, they wrapped that up under the lactose intolerance syndrome. Stoner was a great racer I don't knows why he retired but I think it was self preservation.

Nick636

April 03, 2013 8:52 AM

@ Codger

That is the crux of it.
Without Dovi sitting on the 2010 bike and then the current (And the 2011 and 2012) we couldn't say. Though again feel on a bike is subjective. Casey said for ages the bike wasn't where it needed to be, he just rode the wheels off it. But as for being a better bike now? Who knows...

I think the one thing that can be confirmed though is what Casey complained about for YEARS, the lack of input from the factory / their ability to make the changes requested.

jambop - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 8:52 AM

@The Bad Guy Duh...! Who said I am a Rossi fan? I do think he is a great rider though! But in terms of being a Ducati rider 2011 and 2012 were good years for Rossi he was their best rider by a long way both of those years! I think you are rambling bud go and take a nap you will feel better for it. I also don't know about Rossi being competitive and nowhere have I mentioned it in any of my posts, we will find out on Sunday if he is competitive or not.

srad - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 9:21 AM

Audi mentality, the improvements are showing, the in fighting that has previously gone on at Ducati, will be a thing of the past now, non team players will be shown the door!

Ausrossi - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 12:47 PM

SRAD I think you hit the nail. The germans will sort out what was really wrong with that team and that was the mentality. Even with limited funds I think working in the one direction may pay dividends at Duc.

Casperelli - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 1:24 PM

Rossi finished 2nd at Jerez in the dry last season so it suits the bike, Hayden already said it may be a false promise. The bike is crap plain and simple, and anyone who suggests otherwise needs their biased, Rossi hating head seen to

And no I'm not a Rossi lover, just deal in facts.

99 Crystal Ball. - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 1:47 PM

Come on Jambop,be realistic.
In no possible way can you call 2011/12 good years for Rossi.Not even the most blinkered fan could make that claim with a straight face.If they were good years,i would hate to see 2 bad ones!
And as for Stoner taking time off with nervous exhaustion after being spat off the Ducati,what piece of thin air did you pluck that from?

« 1 2 3 4 5 6