MotoGP » Hayden: Not ideal, but we've made progress

“Of course I wish we were going into it with more speed and consistency, but I feel like we've made progress at every pre-season test” – Nicky Hayden.

Realist

April 02, 2013 4:11 PM

I wish, for once, that Hayden would just speak with a bit more candor. Casey did it....Melandri did it.....Rossi did it....and Dovi has done it. Hayden just tip-toes around everything trying not to make waves.

JACKBEE

April 02, 2013 6:15 PM

That's because he is a good Team player

How motivating for all the people that work there and the sponsors do you think it would be to have one of your riders slag you off in public?

Now you don't now, and I don't know what is said behind closed doors, but you don't do your dirty washing in public.

jvp114 - Unregistered

April 02, 2013 7:31 PM

@schweinwurst
is that why Nicky Hayden is a 2006 MotoGP Champion? And if Honda did not push him away and favored Dani Pedrosa, do you honestly think that Nicky wouldn't have won another championship with Honda?

CanadianFan - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 12:09 AM

I have always been and always will be a Nicky fan. Having said that, I think this will be his last year in MotoGP, or at best, his last year on a factory bike. Rumour was a few years back while he was still at Honda he turned down a chance at Yamaha. I wonder how much better his career would have turned out if he had taken that chance?? He may not have won another championship but he would have been a lot closer to the front than he has been the last several years. I hope he proves me wrong and has a stellar year with Ducati but I won't hold my breath with that pig of a bike.

Grendlehop

April 03, 2013 1:53 AM

I'm American, and thus, a Nicky fan, but I do feel like his time is limited. He's on a 1 year contract & it's either a HRC Production Racer or perhaps a CRT framed/M1-engined machine for when his factory seat ride runs it's course. I'd like to see him in GP for another couple of years in some form or another, then SBK would be a cool option. I'm not positive, but maybe he'd make more money if he returned to the AMA. I think it used to be more lucrative for top riders over here. Not too sure after DMG took over. Anyone else know about this?

toby moody - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 2:45 AM

DID YOU HEAR BRADLEY SMITH IN HIS INTERVEIW JULES.. RECKONS HE'LL BE AFTER 6th OR 8th ... HOPE HE DOES BECAUSE THEIRS ONLY 8 GP BIKES IN THE RACE ANYWAY THE REST ARE ALL CRTs.... WHAT A JOKER..HES A LUCKY LAD JULES .. GOOD JOB HIS OLD MAN LOADED LIKE ABRAHAMS OLD MAN IS OPENING A FEW DOORS .. MABEY NEXT YEAR HE'LL BE ON A CRT ..WHERE HE SHOULD OF BEEN .. LOOKING FORWARD TO WATCHING THE REAL BOYS RACING ...I CAN THINK OF SO MANY OTHER RIDERS THAT SHOULD OF HAD THAT RIDE..WHAT A WAIST JULES

omg... - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 3:06 AM

@Tobymoody... wtf are you talking about 1st off this is a Nicky Hayden story not about Bradly smith or how he got his ride... and pleasetake the caps off your killing us.

somebody take the the keyboard away from the monkey before he press's the wrong key and blows up the world lol...

Lets Go Nicky !!!! lets see a top ten finish if not better.

1 2  »