MotoGP » Rossi targets podium on Yamaha MotoGP return

“I would like to get on the podium: that's my goal” – Valentino Rossi.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Sete - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 5:19 PM

It is my opinion that Rossi will never win another Moto GP race, let alone another world championship. Ago will remain the GOAT, unchallenged for his staggering number of world championships.

The stark reality is Rossi has been unspectacular in testing, so I don't see any magic bunny being pulled out of the hat at this stage of the game. Besides that, Bradl will be full on to beat his hero at any cost now that Rossi is on a competitive bike.

Don't be surprised if it's Dani, Lorenzo, Marquez, Bradl, Rossi.

another_round - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 5:41 PM

Rossi is back to being, well, ROSSI! I think he has just a touch more of that ability to toy with other riders heads out on the track than most. Now that he is not consumed with thoughts of "how do I get this pig back to the garage without killing myself", and can just relax and focus, he is going to be a real threat all year. Pedro and Jlo have had two years to "relax" so to speak and not think about #46. They will know that feeling of The Doctor putting on the pressure once again, and soon.

Marc - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 5:54 PM

Getting a podium or close to a podium shouldn't be a problem as long as nothing goes wrong but a win maybe more difficult. Rossi still needs more adjustment in order to be consistent but seeing him smile and having fun is a good thing for Motogp. It's only the first race plus it's on a sandy track which can lend to odd results. It will be good to see Rossi on a competitve bike again in a race. It's been too long.

99 Crystal Ball. - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 5:58 PM

Realist.
I know we all get a bit carried away at times afterall we all have our favourites.It is nice to have a debate with folk without it degenerating!
There are always some silly buggers here of course that dont see things in a wider view and tend to be blinkered.And that goes for fans of every rider.

Billace - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 6:00 PM

another round,

I think you've been under the influence if you feel that Jorge and Danihave relaxed at all. They are on he limit and have both been in the best form of their careers.

I think the days of Rossi "mind games" pressuring these guys are over. The pressure is firmly on Rossi to prove he still has the stuff to maintain a blistering pace all race long and somehow closing that few tenths they somehow have over him.

I already saw that Rossi sad he won't take risks and look to secure valuable points. That's not what the fans really want to see IMO.

Marc - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 6:01 PM

Testing is testing and racing is racing. I'm sure Rossi is happy that his pace is good but based on the bashing his confidence has taken over the past two years I'm sure it will take a few races to get it back. As his team-mate is expected to win or challenge for the win I'm sure that will help Rossi not feel the pressure as much. That all said I'd think that the Honda guys should have the advantage for this race.

Mike - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 7:38 PM

A lot of people keep questioning Rossi's confidence in himself, suggesting that he'll be quicker when his Mojo returns. I believe a man like Rossi certainly has not lost any confidence in his abilities, and that all he has lost over the last 2 years are 1) confidence in Ducati & their motorbikes, 2) the first-hand knowledge of the top 3's true level, & 3) the respect of many people (rightly or wrongly ). If he wasn't confident he wouldn't have left Duc - That bike is the perfect excuse for not winning. If he was saying how he was going to destroy his opponents then it would be bad regardless of whether he did or not - he isn't daft. Sorry about the simple words i'm using predictive text on my phone!!!

99 Crystal Ball. - Unregistered

April 03, 2013 9:15 PM

To be honest with you Mike i would have to disagree to a certain extent. I believe that no matter how good you are or how successful you have been as a rider,to go 36 races without a victory is bound to leave you with some dents in your confidence.Its human nature.To go from winning multiple races every year in your career to suddenly winning none must have come as an awfull shock to the system.We are going to have to wait and see how long it takes him to bounce back.A few good results and a taste of champagne may rejuvinate him.But i think he has definately realised how tough the competition at the top is going to be this year.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »