MotoGP » Rossi targets podium on Yamaha MotoGP return

“I would like to get on the podium: that's my goal” – Valentino Rossi.

johnson - Unregistered

April 04, 2013 4:06 AM

to all the people saying "you might be surprised" or "rossi has still got it" will you PLEASE put your money where your mouth is and accept my bet that he won't win more than 3 races this season?? I was at 4 but no one took it!! I guess it was too much to ask of a former 7 time gp champ.. so I've lowered it to no more than 3 races!! man up people!! I'm talking to you 99 crystal ball, realist, shamarone, DB8...

fake - Unregistered

April 04, 2013 8:30 AM

I lost all respect for Rossi when he openly admitted to not pushing the Ducati to it's limits, How many firsts did he achieve at Ducati ???,

He is a "prima donna" racer.

DB8

April 04, 2013 10:00 AM

Once we get through Qatar and Austin, we get into some Rossi friendly tracks. Spain, France Italy and arguably Catalunya (lets hope for another 2009 Catalunya!!!!). He's always looked competitive on these tracks.

Like someone said before, if he even gets a taste of champagne in Qatar or Austin, he'll have to be ONE of the favorites to win on each of these European tracks

jambop - Unregistered

April 04, 2013 1:08 PM

Lorenzo won the title with 5 wins last year sooo.. if the race wins are split up a bit more with more riders actually winning, three wins could be a great haul! One way or another there is going to be a lot of egg on faces come race day. However there is one thing that I constantly cannot understand with posters on this site WHY the hate when posting comments on the ability of any rider to win a race? There are, as far as I can see, quite a few riders who could and may well win this year. I would say that in addition to JL and DP Rossi, Bradl, Marquez and Crutchlow have very good chances of a win , Rossi and Marquez could win more than one! Anyway lets hope for a good season.

Johnson - Unregistered

April 04, 2013 3:55 PM

Db8, it was more of Rossi losing the championship than Hayden winning it in 06. He had it all sown up until the last race. There are 18 races and only going to be 4 winners this year (assuming no satellite or Ducati wins). So there is a good chance ALL of the factory yam/hon riders will have more than 3 wins each. If you factor in Marquez' rookie year, that boosts Rossis chances even more. Yet still no one is that confident in Rossi. All talk.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8  »