MotoGP » Qatar MotoGP: Rossi choses 'different way' to Jorge

“We will continue in a slightly different way to Jorge” – Valentino Rossi.

Although - Unregistered

April 04, 2013 2:44 AM

I dont give a toss if they hey put up all the walls they want as long as the riders love to race and loves the fans and loves the sport itself and everything that comes with it then I am all for it. I dont know what it is exactly but the paddock, the atmosphere, the anticipate is so much different and hightened because Rossi is with Yamaha right now and MM is on the best bike MotoGP has to offer. I would have wanted Simo to be here RIP. But sorry to say this and I know its getting old but the negativity was everywhere when Stoner was racing.

Guna - Unregistered

April 04, 2013 4:34 AM

Victory or podium or nothing,, but Rossi just don't want the world to say that he is using Lorenzo's settings,,

Rossi started to go in his own direction on that M1 setup wise in jerez and results started to show up,,
Come GOAT more tweaking to do on that bike to suit you more, just get on that limit and start putting in your ruthless race craft skills and others are sure to get alarmed

Lionz - Unregistered

April 04, 2013 5:14 AM

@ Although
I agree, i would have loved Simo to have been in the mix this year. It looks like one of the most interesting seasons for a long time, with Simo there it would have been a dream come true.
I'm British (CC/BS), ride a new Repsol 1k (DP/MM), my first bike's were Yamaha's (JL/VR) and grew up with bike racing ........ i'm screwed!!

Let the best man win. Can't wait.

Grendlehop

April 04, 2013 5:15 AM

The mere fact that he's in podium contention, with another possible title after 14 years in the premiere class says a lot. "Mr. MotoGP". I do however see the horizon approaching for him. If he gets even 1 more win, and can finish the year #1 or #2, I hope he can be satisfied. BTW, I'm a long time fan.

lad - Unregistered

April 04, 2013 6:16 AM

It's a bit strange to me when Rossi said "hard braking isn't my strength" which is exactly his strength(Catalunya 2009 for instance). I am not sure whether he is downplaying his chances or he really lost his late braing skills after two horrible years riding Ducati. I really wonder.... I am looking forward to see what sunday brings..... really can't wait...

motogpfan - Unregistered

April 04, 2013 6:20 AM

This year the battle is going to be very tough. There are more than 4 title contenders. Rossi is having an edge than other riders. As he is having great race craft skills, which is not matched by any other rider so far in the recent past.

Objective

April 04, 2013 9:42 AM

There seems to be a lot of speculation based on limited testing information. We won't know how competitive each rider or bike is until after the first few races.

The Yamaha is usually the more forgiving bike but the Honda can do very well if the rider can tame it's bad habits. I suspect that the action will be very hot at the front with up to 5 riders swapping paint at times.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »