MotoGP » Qatar MotoGP: Lorenzo turns talent into pole

"I had to put all my talent, all my speed into it and finally we did it" - Jorge Lorenzo.

bri t

April 06, 2013 10:47 PM

Not to take it away from anyone but Cal was on fire. Hope he keeps it rubber side down...speaking of which doesn't anyone find it a bit odd that with all the finances thrown at this meeting there isn't something than can go round the track and blow/wash the sand away. Nice wide track, one line. I know it would wash the rubber off but I'd rather see use of the entire track (different lines, overtaking and race craft) rather than what it currently is.

Dovi is showing his class so far.

prof-x - Unregistered

April 06, 2013 10:53 PM

you are right sir crashes alot, unfortunately Casey Stoner was on Bridgestone tires, and the only way to slow down Casey was to use Bridgestone to control the racing via a control tire. I my friend laugh at the masses who believe what their televisions tell them :) & I assure you when someone calls me delusional and pays homage to Dorna and entertainment complex word of mouth, ....I dont mind that at all.

prof-x - Unregistered

April 06, 2013 10:57 PM

and no, Bridgestone have been favoring Yamaha largely since 2009, in that their tires only seemed to work with Yamaha and guys like Ducati and Honda had to settle for catching up. It seems as though, Bridgestone really never made attempts to change the series except for when Casey won both of his championships (2007) Bridgestone serve tires to both Casey and Rossi (2012) Bridgestone serve the interests of the establishment and give tires that only the Yamah can use, just like 2009.

prof-x - Unregistered

April 06, 2013 11:01 PM

It's clear that the Bridgestone front tire's instability and chatter under hard breaking will slow down Rossi, the Hondas and other bikes that do not choose to take faster mid corner at the expense of less braking and slower lap times. But I assure you the commentators will be telling you guys all about how Jorge is the fastest through the corner and that his approach is the fastest, when in fact the pilots could be much faster if they could actually use their fronts to great affect.

The series is a joke, it sabotaged Stoner twice over, and you guys wonder why he left? It's because of stupid fans who disrespect him and because Bridgestone have been deciding winners and losers since 2009.

Al Sim - Unregistered

April 06, 2013 11:03 PM

I see comments on Lorenzo, Rossi, Pedrosa, Marquez and even Espagaro where are the comments on Cals second place? the best a brit has done in years and you can't even give him a mention! BOODY DISGRACE!!!

prof-x - Unregistered

April 06, 2013 11:10 PM

I was saying Cal was faster than Spies before he even rode in his first race, but hes not got the consistency to make it last a whole race. That will be his challenge which will determine his fate in the world of racing. He better hope to god Dovi doesnt have real pace his his bike either, other wise Cal could finish behind Rossi + Dovi tomorrow, look for him to try and spoil Pedrosa on fresh tires, which ... could lead to his downfall later in the race when pilots are putting in faster times with a little more compound.

« 1 2 3 4  »