MotoGP » HAVE YOUR SAY: Name your Qatar MotoGP star

Which rider impressed you most in the Qatar MotoGP race?

Bill - Unregistered

April 08, 2013 6:13 AM

Shame for laverty being last. I hope he gets more used to the bike eventually and does not get humiliated by his team boss after this first round like his predecessor

Nick636

April 08, 2013 7:06 AM

Jorge for just blatantly running away with it.

Marc for an amazing performance and fight on debut.

Cal for doing the absolute best possible with what he had.

And I will admit my error. Rossi is back in a BIG way! That was a great ride.

KawaGreen - Unregistered

April 08, 2013 7:58 AM

Bradly Smith for sure, for proving me right and pointing out how undeserved that seat he got really is. There's a lot more talented guys out there who get no chance.

99 Crystal Ball. - Unregistered

April 08, 2013 8:22 AM

46 clear crystal.
Give me an example of a post where i have written Rossi off.I have stated all year that he should be winning races now that he is back on the title winning bike!
I have been labelled a hater purely because i had the bare faced nerve to award Crutchlow the ride of the day award!
My favoutite rider is Lorenzo.I could EASILY have awarded him the ride of the day for destroying the field from the start.But unlike you,i am not a pissy fangirl who only sees one rider on the track.9

Ray Goodyear - Unregistered

April 08, 2013 9:06 AM

Would have to say Rossi for entertainment value alone, followed by Marquez and then Lorenzo. Pedrosa supposedly had problems and Crutchlow needs to learn how to overtake. This is a Yamaha track and according to Neil Spalding there is virtually no difference between the Tech3 and works Yams.

Codger

April 08, 2013 9:22 AM

@ 99.....With respect there is a vast difference in your meaning when you say "SHOULD win".
Can you really not see that a guy that starts 7th, gains places, makes a mistake and drops to 7th again, gains more places, gets held up by Bradle's front end problems for several laps, overtakes all the riders who were generally (on here) predicted to finish in front of him, to finally finish in 2nd place, deserves some credit? Phew, long sentence I know, but do you really think Cal had a better ride?
To me the new guy Marquez was 'man of the match' , I can't give it to Jorge, he had a clear track from pole.

More overtaking in this race than the last 2 years put together. Great.

99 Crystal Ball. - Unregistered

April 08, 2013 9:35 AM

Codger,of course i can see the great effort Rossi made.He rode a great race.But,he was EXPECTED to land on the podium.He is after all a 9 time champion is he not?
But many didnt expect Crutchlow to stick with the factory lads for as long as he did.
But he did!!
And it was because of this effort that i thought of him as rider of the day.It has nothing to do with 'hating' as some will have you believe!
What is it about people on this site.You only have to give praise to another rider and you automatically get labelled a hater.Pathetic and childish.

Codger

April 08, 2013 10:55 AM

@ 99..good points. I am English and, of course, want Cal to do well. I even predicted it when he first got the ride and everyone said he didn't deserve it. A great ride by him, I just wish he would improve his overtaking skills. The bike and him are obviously as quick as anyone, he does seem to get stuck in whatever position he finds himself in though. It'll come, Works bike or not.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »