MotoGP » Qatar MotoGP: Rossi dazzles on Yamaha return

"At the end it was a great battle with all three - but especially Marc" – Valentino Rossi.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Dare to Live

April 08, 2013 7:41 AM

Most prolific MotoGP Point scorers since 2002 1.Valentino ROSSI.....3085...ITA Plus another 20 points
2.Casey STONER......1815...AUS
3.Dani PEDROSA.......1736...SPA
4.Nicky HAYDEN.........1508...USA
5.Jorge LORENZO......1444...SPA
6.Loris CAPIROSSI......1270...ITA
7.Colin EDWARDS......1190...USA
8.Marco MELANDRI.....1017...ITA
9.Andrea DOVIZIOSO.....986...ITA
10.Sete GIBERNAU........842...SPA
have fun

Mohamed Hassan - Unregistered

April 08, 2013 7:47 AM

At last the proof - Rossi will be the man to beat in Motogp in this year, as I had said in my comment last year in Crash.net. Lorenzo escaped from possible defeat as Rossi made the early mistakes. But the time will come, soon.....

vamsi - Unregistered

April 08, 2013 7:55 AM

16th lap - 1.55.7s was not that bad, and its 3rd or 4th fastest, just .2s away from JL. All the rest of the front runners did their best laps in between 2 - 8 laps when the tyres are fresh and new. Old Vale made use of the old tyres better than the rest. I still feel JL did ease of at the 2nd half.

Motojunky - Unregistered

April 08, 2013 8:16 AM

@ DC.
"Let's hold the championship celebrations for 46 for when he actually wins a race again".

Mate I haven't been able to wipe the smile off my face all day about Rossi's ride this morning and it's nearly 12 hours ago. If you think he needs to win a race to celebrate after the ride this morning, you have lost the plot.
To think that I doubted Rossi would still have the hunger and ability after riding that piece of $hit for 2years makes me want to give myself an uppercut.
Welcome back Legend.

DC - Unregistered

April 08, 2013 8:25 AM

I think some of you are reading too much into what I wrote. I'm VERY happy to see Vale at the front of the racing again. It proves 2 things:

1) He's still got the skills.
2) The Ducati is a pile.

What I mean about holding the celebrations, is there are a lot of people posting like he's won the WC simply because he was on the podium on a competitive bike again. What I'm saying is, he hasn't won a race yet, and until he does, Lorenzo is still the favorite to win it all.

Trust me, I'd like nothing more than to see 17 more races of Rossi, Marquez, Pedrosa, Crutchlow, and Lorenzo all fighting it out to the finish line, instead of what we've had the past 4 years which is someone checking out leading the rest of the field in a nice parade.

Ninja - Unregistered

April 08, 2013 8:26 AM

Dani Pedrosa is finished. His worst nightmare. For the 2nd time, a new team mate on identical machinery beat him solid, 1st time out. Problem is this one's 7 years his junior. I dont see him coming back. Jorge rode a blinder. Precise, methodical, almost surgeon like precision. There's a reason he's NO.1.

Marquez and Rossi, well what more can be said of these 2 ? "Rolling back the years" as Lyn Jarvis said afterwards of Valentino, brings to an end the speculation of whether he could still fight at the top. He's the GOAT, make no mistake.

Never EVER right him off.

MrLargos - Unregistered

April 08, 2013 8:49 AM

119 comments, the most so far for this race. This is the kind of stuff that will get into Lorenzo's head, as will all the motorcycle publication this week and next having far more coverage of Rossi, as will Rossi being his best friend and all up in his face after the race. Love it. The mind games are back. I'm not saying Lorenzo will crack, but it's fun to watch.

« 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  »