MotoGP » Qatar MotoGP: Rossi dazzles on Yamaha return

"At the end it was a great battle with all three - but especially Marc" – Valentino Rossi.

rotsa ruck - Unregistered

April 08, 2013 5:50 PM

What a great race! Best MotoGP action I've seen in a long time. Lots and lots to be positive about. Rossi's performance being probably the biggest surprise to many. I mean, I thought he'd do well....I just didn't think I'd see the action I did see. MM is the real deal. Seeing Dovi as close to the front as he was is encouraging for the Ducatista. They may not be there yet, but it's encouraging.

I still don't get why I see Stoner's name mentioned. He's gone. Retired. He's not racing this year. He's not a factor in the title chase. Let it go people, let it go. If he comes out of retirement or races a wild card race, by all means, mention his name. Unless that happens it's not relevant to keep bringing him up.

rotsa ruck - Unregistered

April 08, 2013 5:54 PM

Also, if this, but that..could have, would have etc. There is no room for ANY of that in racing. Would Rossi have stayed with Lorenzo and cleared off from the Honda's? We'll never know because it didn't happen. If Cal got past Dani and MM he'd have finished 3rd. He didn't and didn't. Not that 5th was what I was expecting, but then again, I was expecting Pedrosa to be second. Point is, what happens is what happens, there are no if's and's or but's.

stedee - Unregistered

April 08, 2013 6:25 PM

thank god for that, motogp has sparked into life again, god ive missed him.
i just wonder how long the old goat can keep the young goat at bay. i have a feeling it wont be long unfortunately

daniel kuchnia

April 08, 2013 6:26 PM

Good ride by Rossi.
If Bridgestone dont deliver a suitable tyres for all, it will be Yamaha Cup soon.
The way, how the front end worked by yama yesterday is scary. Shame for other, they had NO CHANCE this year, if any changes comes

Realist

April 08, 2013 6:42 PM

@ rotsa

What Dovi did is no different than what Hayden did last season when he ran 3rd for maybe 6-ish laps and Qualified well. We know that the Ducati is good.......for 1/4 of a race.

scampsuzi - Unregistered

April 08, 2013 7:01 PM

I think the best thing that happened on Sunday was that real racing returned to Moto GP. The reaction from the crowd was truly amazing and certainly told the other riders just how popular an old fashioned racer can be. I see similar attributes in Marquez. Let battle commence!!

Stone to Death - Unregistered

April 08, 2013 7:14 PM

As much as hate to admit this, the guy did had a good race and from my perspective I'll wait till the middle of the season to make any claims on the outcome of the championship. It will suck if VR ends up winning the championship, but if he does I guess I'll be proven wrong.

Wacko - Unregistered

April 08, 2013 7:30 PM

Now for the real question. Were any of the people who wrenched on Spies bike last season even allowed in Rossi's side of the garage at this race? Bentornato Dottore

CRT - Unregistered

April 08, 2013 7:33 PM

Rossi rode a fantastic race to finish second.

His downfall is going to be those "mistakes". It's fantastic that Rossi recovered from them, the problem is his team mate does not make those kinds of mistakes very often.

« 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23  »