MotoGP » Qatar MotoGP: Crutchlow 'frustrating' fifth after factory fight

“After the way I had been performing in practice and qualifying, finishing fifth is a little bit frustrating” – Cal Crutchlow.

TalentFan

April 10, 2013 4:26 PM

Thing is - R6Ryder and others pontificating that CC is not good enough might well be right. The odds of making it are much slimmer than not, so they are hardly sticking their necks out are they?

But... for them to declare that its 100% CC as they are is nothing more than an OPINION based on small amounts of information & with NO solid evidence.

If CC was on truly identical kit - then there's a lot less argument. The fact that there ARE variables in kit / team / budget mean a direct comparison CANNOT be made by any of us.

Trolls like to be negative and bash cos its what they do. The guy did really well, but still its uncharitable comments. How many are Rossi fans I wonder (my bet is 'most').

Lad - Unregistered

April 10, 2013 6:49 PM

@TalentFan

In fact I am enough educated to know at least about technical part of the story. I hate to say that, but when you brought education....!!! I studied Aeronautical engineering and recently got My Msc in CFD from Southampton university. and my strength is in engineering Dynamics. So yes I know enough to give credible opinion as the bike dynamic is almost identical to aircraft dynamic.

Lad - Unregistered

April 10, 2013 6:53 PM

@TalentFan

Did you watch Catalunya 2009??

Jorge passed Rossi almost every time on straight and on "Identical bike". It is all about shifting and not power. and yes T3 uses exactly the same engine/power delivery and at the moment exactly the same chassis "as called said they tested it at the end of last year.

Realist

April 10, 2013 6:55 PM

@ Hemmy

Please don't take this the wrong way, but sometimes I feel like you have comprehension issues. Cal Crutchlow has stated that he runs the same chassis/engine/electronics package (and I believe suspension as well), so why on Earth you are arguing otherwise is beyond me. He even tweeted about it a few days ago. The benefit to riding a Factory bike is simple (and I stated this yesterday I believe): better support, regular updates, PAY, and the “fame” that comes with riding for the factory. I never said anything about the support given to T3. I spoke only of the package that they currently have. It is NOT nonsense to proclaim that Cal wouldn't do better on the factory bike. After all, the T3 bike can pole, be on the front row consistently AND podium in any given race. It is the best bike outside of a Factory RCV or M1. I don't dislike Cal, I'm just not a fan of his. I think he's a good racer, but he lacks in certain areas (areas that kept him from beating Dovi last year).

Realist

April 10, 2013 6:56 PM

@ Hemmy cont.

I don't think you'll find that I've ever said that I didn't like Cal. What I think about his attitude is irrelevant when we're discussing his racing.

@ a fan

And that's what most have been trying to explain for pages and pages. The problem is Cal's riding style, not his bike. Obviously his bike is a capable performer.

@ Codger and R6Ryder

Thank you!

Realist

April 10, 2013 6:56 PM

@ Talent Fan

We realize that the Works bike is better, but how much better is really up for discussion (especially when riders like Rossi are using the 2012 frame). Please don't try to make this a “Rossi Fan” issue, especially since we've been comparing CC to AD because they are similar in form and function, except that Dovi is better on the brakes and statistically more consistent. He did put the T3 bike on the podium 6 times last season after all.

Lad - Unregistered

April 10, 2013 7:06 PM

@ Hemmy

I was watching BBC coverage and they said the current T3 was last updated at the end of 2012. and Yes they did not mention in what parts it is different? Don't you think they would mention it if they knew??? nahh, because they knew if the for example say the engine/power delivery/chassis is different then Yamaha would call them liars. Isn't it a little strange that Cal&Co never tell us what parts exactly are different. Yamaha didn't even provide what factory riders ask "seamless shift" for example. Even now both Rossi and Lorenzo decided to go for the old chassis and Rossi uses even 2010 chassis configuration to Jorge(Fact). Now what makes cal&co think that they know better than factory boys&Co??

Rossi is the strongest rider at braking and showed it that night at Qatar. Just look at the moment where Cal ran wide, he almost cooked his brakes. Anyway you don't come out of nowhere and claim to have factory bike. He at least have to match Dovi's record. Just imagine if Dovi beat

TalentFan

April 10, 2013 7:42 PM

@ Lad "I studied Aeronautical engineering and recently got My Msc in CFD from Southampton university. and my strength is in engineering Dynamics. So yes I know enough to give credible opinion as the bike dynamic is almost identical to aircraft dynamic."

Well, I don't have an engineering quali. But I do know that aircraft don't have a single driven rear wheel, that puts maybe 240Hp down through it, so a plane will have NOTHING like the same issues accelerating off a corner (or braking into one) eh?

You'll be telling me that boats, escalators & flat-pack furniture have the same 'dynamic' as a MotoGP bike next.

TalentFan

April 10, 2013 7:59 PM

@ Realist

I wasn't making it 'about' Rossi. I happen to think VR had a storming ride on Sunday. I have no beef with Rossi, & have said so many times. I do have issues with many of his fans, who unfortunately tend to gush with praise for VR, and get the knives out for anyone else. Why I don't understand, & its totally unnecessary, but its more prevalent by far than with fans of any other rider it seems.

Is 'Lad' a VR fan? For sure. Yet despite his Msc & brains, he gets his jollies poking holes in CC's efforts, without giving the guy any credit for a decent ride on 2nd string kit.

I've never made claim that CC is as good as the guys that were Top 4 Sunday, just that he doesn't have an equal opportunity with them to succeed or fail as they do. To say that he does (e.g. Lad & others) is what I've railed against, nothing more.

« 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  »