MotoGP » Rossi: Welkom '04 more special, Marquez 'better than me!'

“Marquez did the fastest lap in his first race, like I did. But I crashed, so he is better than me!” – Valentino Rossi.

mike - Unregistered

April 09, 2013 3:03 PM

only 1 Duc rider has left Duc to go to a better team ( apart from #46 ). That was Stoner - and look how fast he was on the Honda. I reckon the Duc, albeit slow & dangerous, actually improves rider skill level. I bet Hayden would be quicker on a Yam / HRC now than he was when he won his race :)

someone - Unregistered

April 09, 2013 3:14 PM

@Claes

when you want to compare two riders why don't we start on thier fist 5 to 6 years in premier class or in 125cc career.

rossi is not the same age as casey when he won his world title. age make difference. but they both won premier class title in age of 21.

i think that is a fair comparison.

Wow - Unregistered

April 09, 2013 3:49 PM

I had to watch the race again cause it was just too good. It think it's clear to anyone who's been following MotoGP that the Rossi we saw at Qatar on Sunday was a totally different man from the Rossi we've been seeing for the last two years. I swear , to me, watching him race on Sunday was almost like watching Valentino Rossi in 125cc, when he was still a kid, I remember he was a ball of energy , really impatient and making lots of mistakes but somehow winning in the end out of pure hunger for the win and that special racing instinct Rossi has always had. There was energy and a determination about him on Sunday I haven't seen in years. If I was Lorenzo I'd be worried!

Giveway - Unregistered

April 09, 2013 3:53 PM

Rossi's return to Yamaha to me was "meh". He didn't do anything that was surprising. Realistically, Honda had terrible tyre wear @Losail, the Yamaha is clearly the best, fastest bike this season, no question, as it has been for the last 3 years. JLo has clearly improved, Marquez is very suited to the honda and showing great pace, yet shows racing immaturity on the big bikes. Pedrosa seems no different, Vale hasn't changed, still testing the limits, which I am more than positive he will go past more than once this season, which is a bad thing. Winner of the championship this season will be JLo!

99 Crystal Ball. - Unregistered

April 09, 2013 4:04 PM

, Marquez is very suited to the honda and showing great pace, yet shows racing immaturity on the big bikes...Giveway

Give him a chance mate.Its his first race.And he had a podium finish!
The kid could hardly have done much better!

Giveway - Unregistered

April 09, 2013 4:12 PM

"Give him a chance mate.Its his first race.And he had a podium finish!
The kid could hardly have done much better!"

True '99 Crystal ball', however, I was expecting a little more racing maturity, as its not something new to him. First race or last race, he knows (or should know) how to race. Not going easy on him, he is the second biggest talent I have ever seen!

Having said that, he has all the chances in the world, it is only round one.

nikisan - Unregistered

April 09, 2013 4:32 PM

So the great Stoner hangs up his gloves, and as soon as he's out MotoGP is already in a better spot than it has been for years. Coincidence? I think not.

Guna - Unregistered

April 09, 2013 4:52 PM

Stoner from Ducati into Honda he was unstopable,, Rossi out of Ducati and back to yamaha and he is already spanking the critics,,

Considering his age factor and two demoralising season on ducati,, Rossi is looking better than ever,, Rossi of 2013 looks lot more better thanRossi of 2009 and 2008 in those championship winning years,, so that ducati is teaching hard lessons to all those riding on it,, Ducati admist of all these critics still has a role to play... Making the riders even tougher and better,, cheers for Dovi in the future,, may be he'll fill Rossi's vacancy on that yamaha after few years...

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »