MotoGP » Rossi: Welkom '04 more special, Marquez 'better than me!'

“Marquez did the fastest lap in his first race, like I did. But I crashed, so he is better than me!” – Valentino Rossi.

Marc - Unregistered

April 09, 2013 7:28 PM

Disagree that Stoner was the fastest of this era, was he the fastest at some races without a doubt and was he one of the best currently riding also yes. But at times Pedrosa or Jlo were the fastest and before Ducati at times it was Rossi. Agree with others that Stoner is the past. I've got to admit I'm impressed with Marquez and even with Rossi as I know he would be competitive but to battle after he made the big mistake that was great. Not to forget Jlow but he was flawless. But I was a bit disappointed in Pedrosa but he'll come around.

Angus - Unregistered

April 09, 2013 7:38 PM

@the buzz is back
Really,Vale not the fastest?? Must disagree mate. A racer can push a bike hugely up and beyond its limit but isn't the aim to push up to the point that wins races then ultimately W Championships? I'm not being ****y.

the buzz is back - Unregistered

April 09, 2013 8:21 PM

dani had a back and neck injury and found it difficult to adjust his weight which you can see if you re run the race... hel be back to best soon enough im sure... all these people saying yams best bike are being a little premature.. to my mind the hondas still the bike to beat over the season esspecially the second half... jlo has to push for wins now but im still tipping mm for the title but would be gr8 to see rossi win it...but think mm will up the game entierly in the second half of the season.. but we will see...whatever happens having rossi back on the yam is brilliant ...

dudley - Unregistered

April 09, 2013 8:28 PM

Do any of you guys actually ride bikes? You cannot compare eras, far to many variables , tyres , engine capacities , electronics, weather, not to mention luck!
End of the day, worldchampion is the guy that was fastest most often and consistently throughout that year with that particular compilation. Rossi did this more than most and you cannot take that away from him. Let's now sit back and see if he can do it again! Why I am a fan is because he has entertained whilst doing it and has never been boring to watch. Respect to all riders though, even the guy coming last is deserving of that.

Angus - Unregistered

April 09, 2013 8:32 PM

Jas
Got to say I was surprised about the wall with JL. Got to agree with you on that one. Was it Vale who asked for that?? If it was he acted like a child. Still the best I've seen though. Can't say he did anything else wrong??

Angus - Unregistered

April 09, 2013 8:47 PM

Dudley
Too right. There was an article a while back when all the riders asked who they admired most and why. Colin Edwards said Rossi for his ability to win World Championships. Thats what its all about. End of. I've been riding since 95. Still got my original 1998 R1. One owner classic. Wanna buy?? £6000. Ha ha.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »