MotoGP » Marc Marquez studies Pedrosa, Rossi

"When I followed Pedrosa I could see it was easier - and faster - to ride like him" - Marc Marquez.

rtc - Unregistered

April 09, 2013 12:01 PM

Cal spent most of the race riding behind Marquez, I wish he would make some comment about it and about Marquez's style. The kid's scarily fast.

dan - Unregistered

April 09, 2013 12:24 PM

@rtc

yes Marquez is fast, but at the moment after Qatar the 2 Yamahas, ie Jlo and Rossi were faster,

Rossi under brakes is just flawless, except for that one little mistake he made.
all his passes appart from Cal down the straight all come from under brakes.

VM - Unregistered

April 09, 2013 12:51 PM

The history book also told us that Lorenzo on his motoGP deput made the Pole Position and the fast lap ever around Losail on the race which he took the 2 place
Marquez debut was good but Lorenzo was better

JimmyJimmy

April 09, 2013 12:54 PM

I really like this kid.

@Dan I reckon the Yamaha is a better bike than the Hondas through the first half of the corners. In 2011, the Honda had 1-2 tenths on the Yamaha. In 2012, the Yamaha had 1-2 tenths on the Honda. The Yamaha appears to have the same advantage this year, imo.

rct - Unregistered

April 09, 2013 12:54 PM

Yes Rossi was stronger than Marquez at Qatar but I got the impression that Marquez was holding back, he even said it in the post race interviews that he decided to relax for a bit and ride for a while behind Pedrosa, but it was clear Marquez was fastest than Pedrosa. I think if he had pushed from the beggining he would have gotten away, and maybe Rossi wouldn't have been able to catch him. Of course I think when he starts really pushing then he'll start crashing, but that's to be expected. Anyway I'm looking forward to see what he can do in Austin.

junka - Unregistered

April 09, 2013 1:10 PM

Mark Maquez is certainly switched on... I don't know if the Hondas are up to speed with the Yamahas, but if they are, I think Marquez will certainly stand on the top step later on in the year...

dan - Unregistered

April 09, 2013 1:27 PM

@rtc

yes Mm did say that, but he also said he started to relax becuase he was riding on the limit and if he continued he probably wouldnt of finished the race.

by no means am i taking anything away from MM. he rode brilliantly on his debut.

like he said, Valentino is Valentino and he couldnt keep up to pass again. that time will come though.
and also the time will come where Rossi will pass JLo, he is fast and puts the hammer down when he's on his own but when it comes to battles thats a differnt story , he only had 1 good battle with Pedro last year, all the rest, once Pedro passed him he sat back and settled for points, Rossi doesnt do that. he bites back immediatley as he did with MM.

going to be a cracker of a season.

DB8

April 09, 2013 1:32 PM

Everything that I like about Rossi, I see in Marquez in buckets. And this kid is hopefully just going to get better and better.

To be in a duel at the end and not bin it and take the podium proved he is a lot more mature than people gave him credit for.

An absolute serious contender for this championship and hopefully a few more. Hope he has a safe and competitive remainder to the season. Legend in the making!

1 2 3 4  »