MotoGP » PIC: Valentino Rossi saved by brake protector

Handlebar brake protector does its job during Valentino Rossi-Dani Pedrosa contact in Qatar.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Ausrossi

April 11, 2013 11:16 AM

As Gary Player once said the "harder I work the luckier I get" another may be fortune favours the bold but either way a cracking race for Vale and like I said a tilt at the WC doesn't seem quite as absurd as at the end of quali. Word of advice take a leaf out of JLOs book and be first on that line when the 15 minutes come up.

Qatar - Unregistered

April 11, 2013 11:37 AM

I've seen the race a few times and the more I watch it more I think if Rossi had started from the front row he would have destroyed Lorenzo. At Austin I think it will be Marc Marquez who will be challenging Lorenzo, the Hondas seemed to be have quite an advantage over there. I'm looking forward to it.

stefan - Unregistered

April 11, 2013 12:17 PM

i noticed that during the race, i just thought it was ment to be sitting like that .

Great race, great fight back, great return by one of the Greats...

me - Unregistered

April 11, 2013 12:19 PM

I'd love to see Rossi win at COTA and take the championship as others have suggested could be possible, but to be honest I just don't see either happening.
My prediction is COTA will be Marquez's first win and the championship will go to Lorenzo.

It should at least be the best season in years with 4 potential race winners and Cal as a strong podium contender.

last chance - Unregistered

April 11, 2013 12:20 PM

@Qatar

the hondas had an advantage in Austin, but again, thats just testing. wouldnt be surprised to see 2 yamaha's on the top 2 steps again.

remeber Laguna 08, a certain rider dominated all FP sessions and QP, just over 1sec quicker then everyone. and look what happend. Rossi won.

last chance - Unregistered

April 11, 2013 12:28 PM

Qatar would of been a huge weight off Vale shoulders, also a huge confidence boost now knowning he can fight for the podium and wins. i really think we are going to see Rossi back at his best this season, he knows he now has to qualy better, and im sure after last weeks blunder in going out to late he will change his tactics to get a clear run. JLo would of had a fight on his hands had Rossi Qualied on the front row, even if he didnt have that misshap running wide who knows where he might of ended up,

but in racing there are no ifs or what ifs.

imo, Rossi can beat Jlo