MotoGP » Austin MotoGP: Extra motivation for Valentino Rossi

“Austin will not be an easy race, but for sure the podium in Qatar is giving us extra motivation” – Valentino Rossi.

Marc - Unregistered

April 16, 2013 6:12 PM

While I share the enthusiasm for Rossi's return to Yamaha, very happy for his 1st race results, and happy that he feels confident. But, I won't go as far as others predicting him to win the championship this year, but I hope he does, I'm happy he's already competitive. A few more races in will be a better gauge of how he may finish this season. Thanks to Vale for making this season already more interesting than the past 3 years.

Marc - Unregistered

April 16, 2013 6:46 PM

RCT good analysis about the Lorenzo to Rossi gap. I'm sure Jlo was not happy to see Rossi appear on his board. If Rossi and Jlo are close then the Texas race will be interesting as the Hondas were fast there. I'm sure Pedrosa and Marquez will be eager to put a stamp on that race after the 1st race results.

LA-Xstream - Unregistered

April 16, 2013 7:05 PM

rct - thanks for that...v. useful analysis which I agree with, however how do you factor in rossi starting from mid-grid and lorenzo's pole. Rossi has to feel through some bad starters which must at a tenth or two,,,?

vale of tears - Unregistered

April 16, 2013 7:28 PM

I think it would be great to see Rossi beat Lorenzo. Don't think he will, but it would be nice to see Lorenzo have to mix it up a bit.

I think Marquez will kick Rossi's ass most of this year.

That'll hurt the fanboys but I'm sure they have some excuses ready.

why? - Unregistered

April 16, 2013 7:34 PM

dont waste your time trying to respond to the moaner fans. They are delusional. I am not even sure why they follow motogp when their wow-man is out racing cages in v8's. how boring is that.

99 Crystal Ball. - Unregistered

April 16, 2013 7:44 PM

Saint,there is no bigger fan of Lorenzo than me,but it would be foolish to suggest that Rossi wont beat him this year.It is quite obvious that he had the pace to match Lorenzo at Qatar,he just had to start from 7th on the grid.If they had both started from the front row,Lorenzo would have had a real battle on his hands.
This is where the qualifying session is going to be more critical than ever before.There is only a 15 minute window to get that front row start.One mistake can quite easily see you starting from from the 4th row!

Lad - Unregistered

April 16, 2013 7:54 PM

Rossi won every competition he stepped in, he even won title on a satellite bike. and a certain guy who won only two 800cc titles is the best? lol maybe in his own book.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »