MotoGP » Austin MotoGP: COTA details security after Boston bombs

'We have been in touch with local law enforcement following yesterday's unfortunate events in Boston'

rod99 - Unregistered

April 17, 2013 5:50 PM

If that really is the case you lot in the US should get on every single forum etc you can possibly find and get it boycotted.

Its bad enough at most national level events , the riders pay to entertain and the organisers get the profit but this storey is completly outrageous.

shamarone

April 18, 2013 12:30 AM

re: "Be prepared to witness American Capitalisum at its finest. Bear $8 to $14"

black or grizzly...? mmmn, that's some good eatin' lemme tell ya, price is right too. LOL

re: water $2 to$5, soda $4 to $6, food lol sausage $8, hambugers $10, and more the list goes on.

look, outside of the obvious schwantz issue, i don't begrudge them making a profit. this is the same at the movies and amusement parks like great adventure, disney world, etc. just like the motorcycle manufacturers, they've created a product YOU WANT, but have a snowball's chance in hell of ever making yourself.

so if your complaining about mere single digit costs of food while on holiday...? sounds like you're living above your means and need to limit yourself to watching on the telly so you can focus on paying rent and car insurance...? just sayin'.

pepper - Unregistered

April 18, 2013 1:47 AM

@shamarone
I dont have issue with the cost of things, I agree they need to make a profit, as it stands the venders are paying huge money just to sell that 20 oz $14 beer lol...

what I do have issue with is why I cant bring in my own sealed water, or lunch, or for you, your beer, like we do at Seca, or when I go to the movies, ball games, and many other events... and if I was to camp there then what... have you ever been to and/or camped out at Seca, you can bring a keg lol, fkn off the hook... so I guess I will save my money for some Ribs, and that T-bone... oh, and maybe a T-shirt, and hat, but problably get that online cheaper lol...

dubey796

April 18, 2013 1:58 AM

Pepper, you can bring in your own sealed water according to COTA's website, but that's about it. These guys are trying to maximize the money they soak out of fans and I doubt the experience will be as much fun as Laguna is. COTA won't even allow people to be dropped off at the track and walk in as pedestrians just to encourage fans to pay for parking. Reports are that the attendance will not come anywhere near meeting expectations and I predict the crowd for this event will be even less next year after the way COTA is managing this event.

Spinach - Unregistered

April 18, 2013 3:38 AM

Ha, I was all hopped up getting to attend this event, so glad I decided against. What a bunch of A Holes. Seriously, enough people will be buying food/drink, forcing them is just bad business. I would bet they find this out next year.

As to the Kevin Schwantz thing, I can't wait to see the banners, T-shirts, and fans protesting this place while on their grounds! I'm hoping the riders wear a "34" patch or helmet insignia as well. Not saying Kevin is 100% in the right here, but clearly something stinks.

On the plus side, we should be in for an (almost) unpredictable race.

shamarone

April 18, 2013 11:38 AM

re: "Not saying Kevin is 100% in the right here"

no worries, that's what you guys have me here for... to speak truth to power.

KEVIN IS 100% RIGHT...!!!

re: "Reports are that the attendance will not come anywhere near meeting expectations and I predict the crowd for this event will be even less next year after the way COTA is managing this event."

i predicted all this REGARDLESS of how COTA managed the event. "fan-sumers" will inevitably FAIL to support that which they claim to love. compare/contrast to nascar, F1, football (yankee soccer) fans... discuss.

« 1 2 3  »