MotoGP » Austin MotoGP: Record win to follow record pole for Marquez?

“Tomorrow is what really counts and I will do the best that I can!" - Marc Marquez.

Ich - Unregistered

April 21, 2013 1:26 AM

Motojunky,

They have been mentioned in the topic of "rookies' impressive feats" or something like that.

Biaggi, together with the great Jarno Saarinen, is the only rookie to have won first time out as a rookie (Biaggi also did pole and fast lap, don't know if Jarno also had the hat trick).

fallingbomb

April 21, 2013 3:54 AM

What he is doing is impressive no doubt but we have seen similar success before. What can set him apart is if he can perform well over the season and give a serious chase at the title in his rookie year.

I can't wait for tomorrow. I hope Dani will make him work for his first win.

Choco - Unregistered

April 21, 2013 5:28 AM

I think what impressed me the most, other than the sheer thrill of watching Marquez, is the way he got back on his steed after getting bucked off and set the fastest time among the very fastest riders today. A whole race is another thing but in Qatar he showed he has the fight to take it to the end. I just hope there are no crashes tomorrow.

Rukst3r

April 21, 2013 5:48 AM

This kid has a natural gift for riding. This is just want Moto GP needs to revitalise the sport. I hope he goes on to win and gets into the record books again. He certainly deserves it. Is it to early to put him down as a multiple Moto GP champion...? Maybe not!

Realist

April 21, 2013 6:39 AM

I have a serious question for the Rossi haters. IF Marquez wins this year (..and multiple other years), collecting a string of championships on one of the best bikes on the grid, will you all talk about how he only won championships on the best bike? It is highly likely that he will be on a good bike every year throughout his career, so I am just curious if the scale will slide both ways. Enlighten me!

Realist

April 21, 2013 6:53 AM

On Marquez....

...damn does that boy hang off of that RCV. In watching QP, it almost looked like he was just laying completely on the ground through some corners. Geez! He definitely has a style of his own, and it really does allow him to carry more corner speed. Another observation was how squirrelly his rear end looked a lot of the time. I don't know if that will bode well over the race distance or not. I'm excited for tomorrow!

« 1 2 3 4 5  »