MotoGP » Austin MotoGP: Rossi defensive sixth, 'lost part of a disc'

“I had a lot of problems in the race because I had a problem with the brakes“ - Valentino Rossi.

Claes

April 22, 2013 3:53 PM

Hi
He had some brake problem through the whole weekend, but no other Yamaha had, "lost part of the brake" I doubt that the disc was broken because he would not continue if that was the case he would have crashed and died, carbon discs do not warp they break and you crash or nothing is wrong. Honda was fast but so was JL and Cal Rossi was slower due to whatever, hopefully for all Rossi fans he do better in Spain, about 99 posts said he would cut through to the top i Texas so lets see in Spain if your predictions come true:)
Cheers Claes

Jimbo79 - Unregistered

April 22, 2013 4:16 PM

I am a true Rossi fan but if he is what some say which is the old Rossi then it puzzles me because I want to believe it too. But I can't help thinking that the one that rode lets say the Nastro Assuro livery Honda back in the day would have simply rode around the problems and got stuck into the action.

Maybe this brake issue was substantial, but he had better be all guns blazing at Jerez for me to be convinced he has lost nothing of his old magic. And that 'haters' what he had and heaps of it. Hopefully still has because he is gonna need it.

Marc - Unregistered

April 22, 2013 4:18 PM

No big deal he got 6th place I'm sure he's not happy about it but if the brakes weren't working right and it's not a track that he's got the flow of just yet it makes sense. He's just explainig why he got the position. If he continues getting 6th or worse at tracks he favors then it's an issue. Nothing to worry about at this point.

Marc - Unregistered

April 22, 2013 4:23 PM

Jimbo if you look at Rossi's situation he's lost a little but not too much like the haters wish you to believe. Yes at 34 yrs of age his reactions and conditioning won't be that of 20 year old but his experience helps. Plus after coming off injuries and two years of h-ell at Ducati and losing his friend I think he's done a good job so far and as he gets better results in other races his confidence will continue to increase.

Marc - Unregistered

April 22, 2013 4:28 PM

When they showed Rossi riding this race visually you can see he was not comfortable I don't know if a brake piece was missing but if the brakes weren't right i.e. not giving right feel or pressure in hard braking areas that would limit anyone from max results. I don't know if he'll win the next race but would be surprised if his results weren't better then this race.

django - Unregistered

April 22, 2013 4:33 PM

jep!! its the old bike of ben spies .. whatch out !! next race your frame is gonna break .. lin jarvis is gonna sabotage your bike every weekend so you can not beat gorgay

« 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  »