MotoGP » Austin MotoGP: Chest pain leaves Spies reeling

'At eight laps to go, it was either come in or salvage whatever points we could' - Ben Spies

RocketR1

April 22, 2013 2:04 PM

Im big Ben Spies Fan but I think He is done, This last injury at this point in his Career and Riding a bike that on a good day can only hope for 6th seems to be pointing towards retirement or perhaps WSBK with Ducati.
Hope i will eat my words but last season pretty much finished Ben Spies,Yesterday showed the world this is a young mans game,I like cheering for North American Riders and right now we have a couple of Young guys that should be there in Moto2.Time for Spies,Hayden and Edwards to move on IMO.

paisan - Unregistered

April 22, 2013 4:24 PM

im officaily off the spies bandwagon . .i held on as long as i could . . .if he returns to wsb i'll get back on . .he in some unbelievable races when he was there

separated

April 22, 2013 4:50 PM

I must admit that Ben has proven me wrong. And by that, I mean that he's actually doing even worse than I thought he would.

I bet Yamaha are glad they got rid of him. You can't have a factory bike and not expect to at least try to improve.

PatrickKane - Unregistered

April 22, 2013 5:18 PM

RocketR1, why lump Hayden in with this? He seems to work like a dog day in and day out and in the last 2 seasons he did about as well as Rossi getting what he could out of the Duc.

TheBiscuit

April 22, 2013 6:03 PM

'we need to work harder'

em, no, YOU do. less of the sore shoulder, chest pain, sickness bug, diarrhoea, whatever.

i wonder what the next race will bring? stiff neck? bit of a sore tummy?

away with yourself. man up and admit its time to move back to sbk or ama

johnnyoza - Unregistered

April 22, 2013 8:18 PM

When Spies arrived in Europe for his first Superbike season,I was one of those praising his abilities.First year on a GP bike also looked promising.Second year having someone like Lorenzo as a team mate knocked most of the wind from his sails.When he signed for a second rate Ducati team I said motogp career over,I still believe that.Not since Freddie Spencer have I seen someone fall so far so fast.

tcrook21

April 22, 2013 8:18 PM

Big time Ben Spies fan since his days in AMA, but its OVER. He looks worse than Muhammad Ali in his last four fights. You tube it. This is going to be even worse than last year. Its hopeless. The excuses are just embarrassing.

1 2  »