MotoGP » Austin MotoGP: Marquez plays down debut title chances

"Some tracks are coming where Yamaha will be strong and also circuits where everybody else has experience with these bikes" - Marc Marquez.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

tomcol - Unregistered

April 23, 2013 10:54 AM

Hyperthetically I would have liked to have seen Marquez versus Stoner. Similar riding styles in respect of how they throw the bike around albeit Marquez more extreme position on the bike. That would have been something to behold.

samas

April 23, 2013 11:14 AM

Little or no traction control.
I once read an article about Mick Doohan and how Honda was not happy with him because he had no interest in TC, and when Vale came on board he was only too happy to work on it, so being an old fella I guess I was impressed because Casey rode the bike mostly in the raw so to speak.
Racers and and just bike riders in general may go a lot faster but they are getting further away from the true sport.

David Smith

April 23, 2013 11:41 AM

Since Marquez started riding MotoGP this year I look forward to these races more than F1!

He is fantastic to watch - really a "next level" talent.

Really going to enjoy seeing what he can achieve this year but a future in the making for sure.

Dr.Who - Unregistered

April 23, 2013 11:45 AM

I'm not going to say he isn't good, but to be honest since he rode in Moto2 he got away without a penalty causing crashes on numerous occasions.
Also he rode a bike who was technically in doubt ( regulations about a seamless gearbox were changed for the 2013 season ).
He comes to MotoGP and although players in the field who in my opinion deserved that factory Honda bike more the Rookie rules were changed all in benefit of Marc Marquez.
Guys like Bradl, Espargaro, DePuniet euhm would be my logical choice to get on a factory bike in a factory team.
Marquez yes he's good too bad he has a Spanish passport and get all the benifits that comes with having a Spanish passport.
Can't blame the guy, but he got away lucky too many times.

FZ1 - Unregistered

April 23, 2013 12:04 PM

Marquez is definitely fun to watch and I think he will be the next guy to push the boundaries to a new level. I just hope it doesn't get boring, where he just takes off. That race was boring as all heck. but let's face something here.....the kid has always had the best equipment. That's what happens when you're that talented. The organizers changed the rules to accommodate MM by changing the 'rookie rule' so he could be on the Repsol Honda factory team. It would have been too much of a pain because he was already sponsored by them.

It's cool to see now but it could get boring very quickly.

shamarone

April 23, 2013 12:08 PM

re: "Season is just started and I'm already getting tired people being to enthusiastic about Marc Marquez."

psst. (whispering) ezplata's paying 100 euro per comment.(/whispering) pass it on.

MikeD - Unregistered

April 23, 2013 12:30 PM

Marc Marquez could be the guy who will lift the sport again. What a talent and what a nice guy. Would be something if he could fight for the title in his first year.

I am rooting for him this year, now that Stoner is gone.

shamarone

April 23, 2013 12:34 PM

re: "Today I saw also saw his riding style and he was so fast on the exit of tight corners."

and then i giggled in my helmet a lil' bit as i OWNED him.

re: "But this time the rear tyres were different"

well well, wasn't that convenient. (dana carvey as church lady)

Anarki - Unregistered

April 23, 2013 12:36 PM

samas
April 23, 2013 11:14 AM
"Marc is a great rider, no doubt about it, but I'm still waiting to see anyone slide the a$$ of a Ducati or even a Honda the way Casey did.
Little or no traction control."

Yeah, i also think he didn't use bridgestone tires, i think he used normal road bike tires for all weather conditions.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »