MotoGP » Valentino Rossi tests NASCAR

"Rossi got to where he was running some competitive lap speeds – times that would put him in the top-15 in Nationwide Series practice" - Kyle Busch.

Banditfan

April 24, 2013 2:56 AM

I'm always amused at the way many people on Crash write off NASCAR. I'm old enough that the first race I ever attended was to watch Mike Hailwood at Aberdare Park in1958 so maybe I've picked up a thing or two over the years. I watch a wide variety of motorsports including NASCAR, WSBK, MotoGP and moto-cross and those of you who think NASCAR is easy need to get yourselves to a race and find out how impressive it is and how difficult it is to set up a car and deal with changing track conditions over the course of a long race. Some real racing fans get this but so many don't have a clue how hard it is to be successful in ANY top level form of racing. The commitment required is way beyond anything most can imagine. If you should decide to attend a NASCAR race you will be amazed at how accessible the drivers are and how much value you get for your buck (or Pound or Euro or whatever) I'm a long time Rossi fan but love the skill level of ALL the riders and I'm truly impressed at Marquez. Some

Banditfan

April 24, 2013 3:04 AM

Oops!
Some people need to step back and just enjoy the amazing talent of so many of the riders and drivers in today's motosport. BTW, yes I have raced at low level events and know a little, and I mean that literally, about car control. I have not competed on my bike but know that my limits are truly sad compared to the current crop of bike racers. Stop arguing and try discussing, it's much more satisfying.

dacron

April 24, 2013 3:32 AM

rapala... stoner was winning when he quit.
on topic.... ive never watched a nascar race before , played the game on play station years ago and never liked the game , i suppose it would be ok in real life though , i wasn't a v8 watcher much either until i whent and watched stoners first race , now i'm hooked , the tv never does justice to car racing as it misses the the true ambiance of the sound of super loud blowbacks and even the speed the cars are going , i think vale will go to WSBS before cars though.

billie_morini - Unregistered

April 24, 2013 4:20 AM

I know the Charlotte track. Used to live near it. Went to American (Automobile) Gran Prix this weekend in Long Beach, California. Now I live near this track. The fun aspect is they use some public streets for the course. But, even though I've gone 3 years in a row and have an all-access pass, I just do not understand the thrill of automobile racing. Seems like any Gomer can stomp a pedal and steer. Give me death-defying motorcycle racing!

Me - Unregistered

April 24, 2013 11:02 AM

I can see now why he fared so badly in this race. His mind had floated to the NASCAR test before the race was over.
I wonder why Yammy did not stop him from doing this or punish him for it.

Billy Bob - Unregistered

April 24, 2013 11:03 AM

forget about Casey, he isnt here anymore, he QUIT remember.

Rossi would of had a blast getting the oportunity to drive this beat, Hell , what racer if got asked "hey you want to drive this" would say no.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »