MotoGP » Ben Spies to miss Spanish MotoGP

Ben Spies to skip Spanish MotoGP after latest physical setback

Filter Comments: All | Registered

heartbrokenamerican - Unregistered

April 24, 2013 10:48 PM

I love all the American riders, but I do question their place in MotoGP,

Ben - Injured or held up by his own mind games to show what he can do. I'd rather him be on a CRT than a second hand duc. Some people just can't cut it in GP no matter how many championships you've won elsewhere.

Hayden - I'm not sure what he adds to Ducati, its obvious Dovi wants to take reign and be #1 duc.
Seems more like a glorified test rider.

Edwards - I love the guy, but it seems like he DNF's nearly every other race, Home race and he can't even parade himself in front of his fans, and I highly doubt its all his machine. Though listening to him call his bike "sh*t" is quite funny though.

rolling stoner - Unregistered

April 24, 2013 11:32 PM

I think Ben is a fantastic rider, even Lorenzo believes Ben is still one of the fastest riders out there, however I think Ben is .5 secs a lap slower than the top guys on a factory bike and when he trys to make up that .5 secs a lap he makes mistakes or bike has let him down. I really hope Ben gets it together and heals properly, it would be awesome to see Ben and Crutchlow on Suzuki factory bikes with top mechanics. Be great to see a American and British rider back on a Suzuki, like the days of Kevin Schwantz and even earlier days of Barry Sheene. Does anyone know if it is offical that Suzuki are making a MotGp comeback in 2014?

Nate - Unregistered

April 25, 2013 12:54 AM

Honestly I like Ben. But I think it's time for him to move on and cough that ride up to a younger or better rider. Sounds like a cracked record. And while your at it take the bald badger Bradley smith with ya

Objective

April 25, 2013 1:17 AM

I think people don't realise how physically demanding riding a MotoGP bike is. The first thing most new MotoGP riders comment on is the physical nature of riding a MotoGP bike for a full race. If you are carrying an injury it can be very difficult to cope with those demands.

Grendlehop

April 25, 2013 1:45 AM

EsA & Spies on Suzuki next season. If he doesn't show well, I'm thinking SBK for the Texan. Hayden should look elsewhere next year too. HRC Production Racer or M1 based privateer. Both in a Team USA in SBK?

jeremy - Unregistered

April 25, 2013 3:37 AM

Its been a really frustrating year and a half as a spies fan. He had so much potential for 2012 but had the worst luck in the world and didn't even get on the podium let alone become a title contender like he was supposed to. His bad luck is STILL haunting him to this day!! I doubt he'll even be back to full fitness by the time le mans comes. Its getting to a point where I would have to see him make a comeback to believe it. I'm still pulling for him and I still think he has the ability to at LEAST be up there with dovi. I really want to see him put that bike on the podium this year for the americans. one last hoorah in his gp career. (unless of course he goes to suzuki which would be awesome!!)

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »