MotoGP » Baker's Dozen: Austin MotoGP

In his latest Crash.net feature, rider manager Phil Baker answers 13 questions from inside the paddock at the inaugural MotoGP event at Austin, Texas...

BoZz

May 01, 2013 9:16 AM

Well I find it surprising that they don't have televised coverage in the US.. I think all countries are patriotic and want their rider up front. But that doesn't mean the countrymen can't have a different idol.
Hell, we lost Stoner, but I'm still ever so keen to be watching.

Nate - Unregistered

May 01, 2013 10:25 AM

@BoZz I agree I'm Aussie and I'm still keen to be watching. Especially with westy doing ok and sissis and Miller coming up.

I'd also like to ask phil baker a question for the next bakers dozen. How long does he think it will be before aprillia, BMW and Kawasaki come into the championship?

Unregistered - Unregistered

May 01, 2013 11:50 AM

I don't know why the media keeps praising this circuit. I didn't like it at all. The bikes looked awkward on it, they made weird lines as if their rhythm was to be constantly interrupted. There was no flow, and I hated the big hairpin. There, I said it.

nealio

May 01, 2013 2:40 PM

If Honda's prod. racer is affordable and clearly faster than the CRT bikes it will work to Dorna and the FIM's benefit to change the tech regs. to mirror Honda's prod. specs and then encourage Aprilia, Suzuki, BMW and Kawasaki to build prod. racers for the series. Promise the factories rules stability for at least five years if they sell the bikes,not lease them, which will benefit the teams. This would make a lot of competitive seats for talented riders and we would have a brilliant World Championship again, I think.

coffee - Unregistered

May 01, 2013 6:24 PM

@bozz
we have TV coverage here in the states, tho its only the race... and moto3/moto2 are useally not aired until tusday- wtf - speed tv sucks but we still have it and they ran extra time on the cota race too. Hopefully when Fox fully takes over speed tv, (they bought speedtv) coverage will improve - one thing that does suck, is speed tv droped wsbk this year, wtf right? but not to worry b/c beIn sports picked it up, and they brodcast eveything live, wish they would pickup motogp...

BoZz

May 01, 2013 10:04 PM

Ah I see.. At least you got to have WSBK, we didn't have it. (Darn)
And our MotoGP is qualifying and all races in order, but no free practice..(Only when the race is in Phillip Island) Years ago I subscribed to motogp.com so I can get it all.

Hopefully you get more soon Coffee.

Mille Miglia - Unregistered

May 02, 2013 2:04 AM

Great to see Baker's Dozen back for 2013. Baker's unique perspective and candid answers are always an interesting read. Looking forward to following this space throughout the season. On to Jerez!

Kipper - Unregistered

May 02, 2013 2:57 AM

You kidding me?? Cota is a great track!! Granted its better suited for f1, still was a great race. Its got the longest straight in motogp and its a much better track than that go kart circuit they call Jerez!!

1 2  »