MotoGP » MotoGP to change TV tactics?

"The decision is part of Dorna's new strategy of... always focusing first and foremost on free-to-air coverage to bring MotoGP to wider audiences" - Dorna statement, 2008.

Perenialnovice - Unregistered

May 04, 2013 10:50 AM

I used to watch major boxing, a long time ago. I have not seen a major boxing match for so long. are there any 'greats' anymore? don't ask me, I won't pay per view, on top of all the other media fees i pay already. If MOTOGP cost so much, send them out on MOTO 2 only.

MotoGPForThePeople - Unregistered

May 04, 2013 7:13 PM

Just as I thought BBC were upping their game by showing additional practice sessions, it looks like they are losing the most exciting sport on the box. Seems like the BBC would rather spend our money on talentless shows, football pundits and overpaid entertainers. In the UK Motogp would no longer be a sport of the people. How does Dorna expect to attract new fans among a much restricted potential audience?

marcelustberbick

May 04, 2013 7:33 PM

UK interest in Moto GP will definitely die if Dorna goes ahead with this.
F1 got away with it as it has a much broader fan base overall, but Moto GP, in terms of races other than the British round, has a far less adaptable fan base.
So doing this is going to end up costing the sponsors and teams money.
BAD MOVE Dorna are you complete idiots?
I feel privileged to have been able to watch it for the last 25 years and have seen Mamola, Schwantz, Rainey, Doohan, & Rossi in action, but I don't hold out a lot of hope for the next 25.

theomen666 - Unregistered

May 05, 2013 8:02 AM

R.I.P MOTOGP 2013

Dorna has signed a deal with the new BT Vision sports channel It does not say yet for how long for. We should know on Thursday 9th May. Dorna say the BBC and Sky put bids in as well but Eurosport or ITV are not mentioned. We know the BBC coverage could be alot better but not to have coverage on any FREE TO AIR Channel is very bad. I think EUROSPORT do a vry good job and should be able to sign a new contract even if they were not able to show the main race live., I do not know how much BT Vision costs to subscibe to. Can you subscribe through a PC/Laptop or tablet as you can with Eurosport. ESPN was £9.99 p/m. You can subscibe to motogp through www.motogp.com season pass around £134. Eurosport should be able to sign a new contract but Dorna do not like them. It happened when the BBC signed a contract in 2009 Eurosport lost their contract but then got it back. Hopefully they can do it again. When BBC had to find a Broadcaster for F1 because they could not afford it

CHARLY - Unregistered

May 05, 2013 5:59 PM

Dear viewers of BRITAIN,stop complaining,my advise:buy a satelliet tuner put the disc on 19.2* and you recieve WSBK GP races free on air digital quality.only one minor problem:its German comments from former GP-racer and APRILLA WSBK tester ALEX HOFFMAN.good luck.CHARLIE.

Des - Unregistered

May 05, 2013 6:31 PM

Unbelievable I lost interest in Formula 1 racing soon as they started messing about with pay tv and if they doi it to Moto GP I wont bother....
I certainly do not want a BT topb ox either.

ger - Unregistered

May 05, 2013 6:37 PM

Looks like Casey Stoner had vision, not are they going to ruin the prototypes with all the new restrictions but also cut it off from the majority of the people who watch it.

Destined to fail ...

tvmoto

May 06, 2013 3:58 PM

IT WILL ALL CHANGE NEXT YEAR..what it is ..wait and see but a lot of people will be hacked off.. there is a lot of talking going on,, they very rarely get it right??
as only Spanish riders are wining rename it the Spanish World Championship? Honda will win this year because they spend the most and have 2 good riders , it is a shame I am loosing interest in Motogp, because there is not a lot of close racing,the best bit at the moment is seeing #46 getting beat by #99..
IT worked best when the BBC & Eurosport ran at the same time, then you just watched the BBC when the adds came on..the BBC is VERY VERY BAD sorry I meant S***

Sick Cylinder - Unregistered

May 06, 2013 5:03 PM

Doesn't sound like much of a strategy to me - unless the aim is to kill MotoGP.

In Italy terrestrial TV will be showing WSBK not MotoGP which was dropped - sounds like the same thing now happening in the UK.

« 7 8 9 10 11 12  »