MotoGP » MotoGP to change TV tactics?

"The decision is part of Dorna's new strategy of... always focusing first and foremost on free-to-air coverage to bring MotoGP to wider audiences" - Dorna statement, 2008.

kiwimike

May 02, 2013 2:53 PM

Well, at least you guys in the UK get a choice it seems.... here in Canada and the USA we are still getting a terrible Speed showing - but without the podium or interviews, but they are NOT showing WSB this year and neither Dorna nor anybody else seems to give a damn. Yes, I do subscribe to Dorna's video which is excellent, but I am pissed with Dorna and Speed.

Unregistered - Unregistered

May 02, 2013 2:56 PM

Another message to DORNA and broadcasters: Could you provide an option for viewers where if you press say the red button, you mute the commentators and get the live sound of the bikes and circuit only? It has to be technically possible! I'd love to be able to do that...

Den Ward - Unregistered

May 02, 2013 3:03 PM

I do realy hope tha Euosport keep the MotoGP coverage as they are way out in front for coverage and up to date info, and the Eurosport team make even a dull GP interesting. TheBBC and I guess the BT team lack knowlage of the sport and machines and only show half of the races on thier main channels.
BT television is not avaleble to lots of people in he UK that live in outer areas like myself it is a poor service for me.

Renard - Unregistered

May 02, 2013 3:18 PM

This is almost certain to happen. As someone else has said, it's all about money first, fans second, and unfortunately money is something the BBC are starting to find is in short supply. They've already begun squeezing the show to its absolute minimum running time and have started to farm it out to the lesser BBC channels on occasions (where programmes frequently go to die). They'll be happy to free up the cash so they can plough it into the 'important' sports like tennis, rugby and football.
I for one will no longer watch. I'm happy with my Sky subscription, and besides, the broadband in my area is so slow it's well below the minimum required for BT Vision even on BT's own network

nealio

May 02, 2013 3:24 PM

The result of going to pay for view TV is that only the die-hard and well-heeled fan will be watching. Dorna is heading down the path which in the short term lines they pockets but in the long term leads to zero growth and the lose of marketing numbers to entice sponsors.

paisan - Unregistered

May 02, 2013 3:36 PM

if they restrict viewing someone will record it and post on utube 1 day later . .ama supercross is like this you can only see it on a pay channel (speed) just watch the next day on utube.

Liam48

May 02, 2013 3:38 PM

If this does happen I hope that Toby Moody & Julian Ryder both go to BT Vision and they being back Randy Mamola to be the pit lane pundit!

I miss that great team and it'll be a shame never to hear both Toby & Julian next year.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »