MotoGP » MotoGP to change TV tactics?

"The decision is part of Dorna's new strategy of... always focusing first and foremost on free-to-air coverage to bring MotoGP to wider audiences" - Dorna statement, 2008.

thatbignose - Unregistered

May 02, 2013 6:39 PM

I'm sorry to tell you that it'll be be the BBC that won't stump up the money for the full season. I emailed them 9yrs ago when they signed the original deal, challenging their commitment: Rossi was at his absolute peak, a real 'story'. Eurosport offered so much better coverage and they dropped WSBK. Lo and behold, things change and the consistency, becomes oh so temporary.

Rukst3r

May 02, 2013 6:43 PM

As usual the people who keep Moto GP and any other sport for that matter get treated like dirt. Fat cat executives cashing in lucrative TV rights at the expense of the honest fan. The BBC have really let themselves down with their coverage of Moto GP. Consistently out of date info on their website which is hidden under 'more sports', diabolical commentary and generally poor coverage. Their disregard for the Moto 2 and Moto 3 series is also shocking. In my opinion the more exciting racing! Dorna need to keep it simple, more fans equals more money sponsorship etc, not one off payments for coverage rights from broadcasters. As much as it pains me to say, sky have done a great job with their F1 coverage. Something similar for Moto GP would be awesome.

JACKBEE

May 02, 2013 6:46 PM

A similar thing happened when World Rally championship lost its place on tv a few years ago.
I used to watch it regularly, and even though its back on now, I couldn't name hardly any drivers, and I hardly bother to watch now that I have had a break from it.

Wayne - Unregistered

May 02, 2013 6:50 PM

Any idea what the people of Hull are supposed to do? They aren't allowed a telephone and broadband line from anyone other then KC, so how are they supposed to watch BT vision if you need a BT line??? Total con if you ask me from BT and it'd kill GP in the UK. I personally won't be going to BT again to get a slower internet conection, pay more each month and lose Sky just to watch GP!!! It'd be a sad loss.

L5 - Unregistered

May 02, 2013 6:54 PM

Oh well, if i could only watch one of Moto GP or WSB it would be WSB every time, far more entertaining and competative.Eurosports coverage is excellent, the BBC coverage is awful.

Bri - Unregistered

May 02, 2013 7:01 PM

Well thats moto gp gone from uk viewers i have tried to watch bt vision and sadly the vision is not their half the time i am on virgin and love eurosport they show loads of motor sport bikes and cars but i certainly will not change to bt vision oh well not many bikes and soon not many viewers well done Dorna BSB is by far the best on tv anyway

andrew murphy - Unregistered

May 02, 2013 7:19 PM

Anyone who wants live Moto GP can watch it on onehd .com.au We get free to air coverage here in Aussie. They also do qualifying. They run live streaming with their broadcast.hope this helps .

Thorborg - Unregistered

May 02, 2013 7:26 PM

I wish they would have a separate contract for web users where we could sign up for a season pass or race by race coverage to watch HD streaming online.

The problem now is that motorsports are spread over too many channels and to watch them all you have to pay the cost for the entire channel subscription even if you are only interested in one sport.

Now with F1 I feel it is worth having Sky, for Indycar I won't pay for ESPN and for NASCAR I won't pay for Premier Sports.

I feel they are making a huge miscalculation if they think many will pay for MotoGP. I can watch WSBK and BSB on my existing channels. MotoGP is a very poor show in comparison and I don't think it will be a subscription seller.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »