MotoGP » MotoGP Jerez: Crutchlow plays down chances, Suzuka rumours

"My concentration is on MotoGP and to the best job I can here for Monster Yamaha Tech 3" - Cal Crutchlow.

andrew2k

May 02, 2013 11:25 PM

It would be pretty awesome if Rossi were to enter the endurance this year so to add another title to his name, however if there is anybody from MotoGP I would personally like to see its either Hayden, Spies or Lorenzo.

G22 - Unregistered

May 02, 2013 11:57 PM

to andrew2k
I agree with you except for Spies he is disapearing into nowhere with his lack of purpose he has left a trail of destruction behind him wherever he has gone (he is still in court over breach of contract from USA) the sooner he vacates his seat and lets someone who is dedicated to inproving the better

Bike nut - Unregistered

May 03, 2013 12:09 AM

The top riders don't normally want to do Suzuka because its so tiring sand could interfere with there moto gp chances

My dream team for the event would be Rossi Cal and Casey!

Bikenut - Unregistered

May 03, 2013 12:14 AM

I am sure Rossi could get a ride if he wanted too......

Before the top riders started opting out it was written into there contracts -

Gardener has won it 4 times!

Bradenws

May 03, 2013 4:19 AM

Rossi has stated, in his autobiography at least, that he will never do the Suzuka 8hrs again. He just didn't like it -- it sounds like a gruelling experience. Please don't let that comment turn this into a poo-flinging contest.

cmpunk - Unregistered

May 03, 2013 6:38 AM

Some are naturally talented and some work hard tirelessly to achive greats, crutch falls in the later catogary he has worked immensly hard and almost achived alien pace.
Pity I feel for him as rumers suggest Yamaha is not at all intrested in keeping him, they want pol and ducati might not leave nicky given american market. this leaves him for dead next season biggest mistake ponchral made is smith . IF ANYONE EVER DESERVED OR EARNED A FACTORY RIDE THIS IS THE GUY.

Not British Media - Unregistered

May 03, 2013 7:25 AM

Crutchlow's no different than anybody else. Every single rider at the top level have had to put in an immense amount of time and give up anything resembling a normal lifestyle.

Pol deserves that Yamaha ride imo. Actually, I don't think Aleix has had a fair shake just yet either. Both very exciting, talented, and young riders. Don't get me wrong Crutchlow is also somewhat exciting and talented.

I'm sure there's more deserving American riders than Nicky Hayden.

herewego - Unregistered

May 03, 2013 8:06 AM

I think Cal is trying to score points if he enters the 8hour race as if you do well in it, the Japanese factories suddenly develop a lot of interest in you! Cal is desperate for a factory bike and I think he sees his chance to put himself in a better standing for a better ride next year. I also think that if he keeps going on and on about how he feels he deserves a factory ride, then the Tech 3 team will definately be signing Pol Espagaro for 2014 as they are not going to hang around and wait to see what Cal is doing!!

miffy - Unregistered

May 03, 2013 8:55 AM

Hopefully for him Rossi will do really badly this year so he can get a ride at Yamaha because I cannot see a ride anywhere else. Honda are happy with Ped and Marc, Yamaha are happy with Rossi and Lorenzo and he's burnt his bridges with Ducati. The only chance is if Rossi doesn't bounce back from that horrible performance at the last race.

1 2  »