MotoGP » MotoGP Jerez: Rossi best qualifying despite fast fall

“I was pushing hard and when I opened the throttle I lost the front” - Valentino Rossi.

Wow, the blind faith in Rossi is amazing to behold.

The reality is that in a normal race Rossi has no chance of beating Lorenzo at any track in 2013. He has neither the qualifying or the consistent race pace to live with the Spaniard. He is not in the same league.

Barring accidents, podiums are a realistic aim for the Yamaha No. 2. I hope he can dig deep and come second tomorrow to take points of the Honda boys and help his team leader in the Championship.

The REAL DEAL - Unregistered

May 04, 2013 11:04 PM

@Brit. It was good to see Rossi get his first win before Marquez this season!!

@Angus, look at the F1 for the return of the Schumacher shows what happens when father time slaps the man round the face. I's not the physical game that father time robs, it's the mental focus..

Garry - Unregistered

May 04, 2013 11:07 PM

Rossi has done more for racing than any other to swing a leg over a bike. I got his autograph at Phillip Island last year. He signed for all the fans till there was no one asking, with a smile,even when things were not going his way. I asked Stoner and got told not now, I asked Pedrosa and the same. Rossi is a true great. If he was riding around last doing his knitting, i would still be cheering. But he's not is he . He is still fast always will be.COME ON ROSSI !!!!!!!!! You don't become world champion 9 times by being slow, or lucky.

Angus - Unregistered

May 04, 2013 11:21 PM

@gary I've just read your words to my wife and she said..." Well that is the mark of a true man". That's why he's loved. Not just because he's the best ever but because of his character.

joe theamerican - Unregistered

May 04, 2013 11:27 PM

It blows me away that any true motogp fan can say Rossi sucks,or is/was lucky, a fraud etc..... WTF? Are people that bitter? Or just ignorant? Stupid?? I've been watching since '97 and let me tell you, Rossi is a legend among legends... period! And I have no reason to say that, being a yank and all, but it's absolutely true. Getting older doesn't make you a fraud kids, it happens to us all.

BambangBikeRider

May 04, 2013 11:48 PM

I don't get it when people say that Rossi's exposed when he couldn't ride the Ducati as good as Stoner. Nobody else does!

Marco Melandri, Hayden, Rossi and now Dovi (Dovi used to be really good on a Honda, beating Pedrosa several times) are the proof that Ducati is a dog. Anybody here willing to bet that Lorenzo or Pedrosa will do any better on Ducati?

Stoner is naturally talented rider who can hop on any bike and ride very fast, while Rossi (and the rest of the riders) needs to make the bike to suit him. Which he and Burgess failed to do with Ducati, period.

That is why Stoner retirement is the biggest loss for MotoGP (not to belittle Simonceli's death, of course). But as Schwantz said, “If you've decided that you're tired of doing it or not in love with doing it any more, you ought to quit. It's a dangerous sport, and it's easy to hurt yourself. Get out while you can, and go make the most of life."

Bender - Unregistered

May 04, 2013 11:50 PM

I don't think Rossi has the pace to beat pedrosa or Lorenzo, unless there is some almighty sandbagging going on. He is too old and has lost the edge. He may win a race if a leader crashes, but that's his only chance. Shame really, even at 34 he is only a couple of tenths off the pace, although that seems to be reason enough to give the retards on here an excuse to discredit his entire career. Still think the Honda is the better bike now, on the Honda tracks its way faster on the yam tracks its a hundredth off.

BambangBikeRider

May 04, 2013 11:53 PM

What concerns me the most is that Rossi is forced to choose soft compound tyres.

He obviously like the hard tyre better, but there's just not enough surface grip.

I hope it won't cost him the race.

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »