MotoGP » MotoGP Jerez: Rossi best qualifying despite fast fall

“I was pushing hard and when I opened the throttle I lost the front” - Valentino Rossi.

pillowme - Unregistered

May 05, 2013 12:01 AM

omg, i've got censored because i said Rossi is more likely to win in swimming than in motogp (and that he got tyres advantages in the past). MODERATOR, IT'S CALLED HYPERBOLE, it's a basic figure of speech!!!! WHERE'S THE NEED TO CENSOR? WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU ARE PROTECTING - PANDAS? (the funny think is people comments replying to my comment have taken dozen of votes with people thinking they're about something else - it was in the first page)

MichaelG - Unregistered

May 05, 2013 12:29 AM

As an Australian, these anti-Rossi comments are embarrassed as they seem to come from fellow Aussies. I don't know why but most Australians feel the need to pump up stoner and beat down on rossi every chance they get. is it some serious inferiority complex from being from an irrelevant and isolated country with a small population? I am an immigrant to Australia so see things differently than born aussies so maybe that is why I notice this stuff? (they also do it for other sports and even for actors).

Alex - Unregistered

May 05, 2013 12:33 AM

What amazes me most about most of these comments is how poorly written they all are. Perhaps it is the result of poorly performing spell checkers but more likely they were written in Japanese and put through a translator.

I am hoping for a Rossi win, but the odds of that are very small. It would be nice to see a close 5 way battle all the way to the finish line.

Reality - Unregistered

May 05, 2013 12:38 AM

@MichaleG..
Because... when he retired, the show seems better, more specator, tv rating up, more fun...
And it seems nobody cares of him.
And it hutrs him and his fans ... more than when he was in motogp.

BambangBikeRider

May 05, 2013 12:51 AM

@ Alex

Crash is a global site and many of its visitors don't use English as their first language. As long as they can get their messages across, I don't see any problem with not-so-perfect english. It's the content of the messages that really bothering me sometimes

And yes, I too expect to see a close 5 way battle. Will make my weekend perfect.

Cheers

fish fingers - Unregistered

May 05, 2013 1:29 AM

I believe Rossi still has it in him to beat Lorenzo in a straight race, he still has the speed on the day and the racecraft is still magical. He looked haunted at Ducati but you can see the motivation, the hunger in his eyes is still there. The way he glanced over at Jorge on the podium said alot, he wants to be the number 1 again

Claes

May 05, 2013 1:35 AM

Hi
My thoughts hope Rossi don't get stressed and take someone out, if he don't we are in for a cracker.
@LAX Dreamer
@Roo Shooter First it's not your country either second USA and almost Italy
2005?? Who was the competition 3-4 of the best ever or??
@rebcato Simo had full Factory bike in a satellite team:)
@Rossi fan Last corner pass? and this year he will be panalised like he should have been back then:)
@History 2016 is only 2 seasons away JL will not just be in tha race to win WC he will be the favorite:)
@Angus Age have nothing to do with it he have no reason to be as fit as anyone, he is still as fast as he always been but others are faster:)
@Angus and Real Deal. Schumi left the sport and stayed away from the sport riding bikes, If I recall correct Rossi was still riding and doing the best he could, just because he was a looser on the Ducati doe's not mean he stopped racing:)
@BambamBikeRider. He was exposed because he and JB was talking their ability to fix bike and now we rea

HG - Unregistered

May 05, 2013 2:28 AM

Rossi is experimenting different riding styles, he is hanging off the bike on some turns a little more like Marquez, telling from some of the slow motions. And I'm not a Rossi hater, he is a legend. But at the same time I think that the first year Yorge arrived at Yamaha, Rossi changed, he is a fake. One face for the public and fans, another one behind the visor. Kind of like Anakin Skywalker, which makes the series more interesting I guess.
Go and click 20 million diagrees and live in RossiWonka's Chocolate Factory.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »