MotoGP » MotoGP Jerez: Pedrosa wins, Marquez bumps Lorenzo!

Dani Pedrosa wins the Spanish MotoGP at Jerez, Marc Marquez bumps past Jorge Lorenzo at final turn!

99 Crystal Ball. - Unregistered

May 05, 2013 6:33 PM

We were discussing this fairing clashing only yesterday.How far do you take it before it is deemed as a dangerous move?
I think Marquez was very aggressive today and that last bend move was,i would say,just the right side of legal!
You can understand Lorenzos frustration however.Its only natural.But sometimes you have to be aggressive to get results.
This is racing.
Lorenzo will soon calm down.They always do!

Billace - Unregistered

May 05, 2013 7:04 PM

Homer,

As I said, Rossi shouldn't be trashed. I also said I think he is not as fast as the Spanish trio. Does that mean he doesn't deserve a seat? No.

No one has stepped up and shown they could perform better on his M1. He'll still get his podiums and could have a good day if the Honda's are having an off day, someone has problems or DNF's.

He was right there to pounce today, he briefly moved up to a podium position but the faster guys just continued to inch away.

IS it just m, or are the Euro trash all over these boards? *****s. Anyone thinking that that was acceptable, needs to get your head out of your Phookin Ar5e. This ***** might wind up another Simoncelli. Then what would the Euro trash say? Unacceptable. That's as bad as pushing someone off he track... al la Biagi to Rossi in 01'. If that was F1 he'd have lost the points for the race today and be starting at the back of the grid next race.

Homer, you're right about some of that... What the 3 Spaniard's have is less of than the rest. They're really small and weigh 15 to 40 LBS less than Valentino. You want to see the field tighten up more, put in an even weight requirement(combined bike/rider), and Pedrosa and Marquez would unlikely be that much faster. They would lose the advantage on the straights and in corners. It's basic physics. It would take allot more energy for a little guy to ride a package equal to a larger/stronger rider over an entire race... also it would ensure even tire wear at least in that respect amongst the field.. This sport needs to stop being downsized. These new guys are smaller than an average middleschooler

H. Simpson - Unregistered

May 05, 2013 7:44 PM

Billace,

We agree (mostly). Even though I'm a big fan of #46 I'll admit that he isn't as sharp as he used to be in his prime years (which was an extended period of time). But as a rider I think only Jlo is better than him.

jambop - Unregistered

May 05, 2013 7:58 PM

@99 crystalball
Only a loser would not have gone for the gap Lorenzo left on that corner. I think we were talking about this yesterday Marquez did exactly what a potential champion should have and got right into the gap JL left. I would say he was going a bit too fast but the thruth is Lorenzo should not have been away out there and when he found himself of line should have erealised what Marquez would do and slowed and squared the corner off rather than held his line. If I was Marquez's boss I would be telling him well done and do the same at every opportunity,nobody ever won a championship by saying no after you! To be very pedantic Lorenzo never even reached the corner first so one could say it was MM's line to choose and JL cut across him but that would be a bit unfair, it was racing. What has devalued JL for me was he said his bike was not compatative have just claimed the pole! I sense weakness in that statement!

99 Crystal Ball. - Unregistered

May 05, 2013 8:17 PM

I agree Jambop,Marquez saw an opportunity and went for it.But i dont think he would have had to hit Lorenzo much harder for one or both of them to possibly go down.Then people would be discussing this in a different tone.
Luckily that didnt happen.As i said,Marquez was just on the right side of legal.Thats fine by me.Its racing afterall.
But i think you can understand Lorenzo being a bit miffed.
Marquez did admit himself that he went in to that bend too hot,which to me is an admission that he made the mistake,not Lorenzo.But there you go.A racing incident.

H. Simpson - Unregistered

May 05, 2013 8:41 PM

The move of Marques was a risky one, but he got lucky that he got second place and nobody fell of. The thing is, he is a rookie, and the world champion shouldn't have let him come so close. JLo was angry, but I guess also at himself for not being able to shake the kid off...

B. Andy

May 05, 2013 8:47 PM

A lot of people do compare MM with Simoncelli, but that is not quite true.

Yes, MM is aggressive, which is very good, but he his aggression is more controlled than Simo was.

MM is a real deal. He bring a fresh air to Motogp.
Indeed the move was a bit too "hot" but JLO should have known that he's there, but he didn't.
All accept the fact that that is a very tricky corner, as we saw also in the past.

Way to go Marc Marquez. I like the guy!

wait - Unregistered

May 05, 2013 9:45 PM

@99 cystal ball, I'm not so sure marquez hit lorenzo. its almost as if mm was anticipating a bump from lorenzo if you watch the replay. perhaps marquez was at fault for the collision due to cutting off lorenzo's line, but I think it was jlo who ran into marquez.

« 12 13 14 15 16 17  »