MotoGP » MotoGP Jerez: Marquez and Lorenzo talk last turn clash

"I saw at the last corner that Jorge had opened a little bit the door" - Marc Marquez.

Laddy Da - Unregistered

May 05, 2013 9:54 PM

I've been catching up again with the ongoing news since my earlier post on page 5, and Lorenzo has conceded he made a mistake too in not closing the door, though MM did go in way too hot, I admire Marquez in his apology to JL and later JL admitting a slight mistake too, he rode a good defensive battle against Mark most of the race and after looking at the race footage later and seeing Marquez slithering all over the place must be thinking, OMG, I've got my work cut out this year :)

Lorenzo has matured a lot I think, anyone would be annoyed, but he really did contain himself.

Great stuff.

Laddy Da - Unregistered

May 05, 2013 10:01 PM

Nimrod, you are not the only one to see shades of the late great Simoncelli today either, was chatting to a Bike Racer friend a couple of hours ago and we both mentioned that.

But forget about Mark might have taken out Lorenzo today, what if he takes out Pedrosa in future, and we all know how fragile Danny is, god forbid but what if he takes out Pedrosa and himself and they are both out a race or two due to injury, imagine the fireworks then, that might mean a possible Yam 1 2 and 3 on podiums and world title, nobody would want to win that way.

Anything can happen in racing though.

Laddy Da - Unregistered

May 05, 2013 10:07 PM

One last point, if it had not been for Marquez being on the edge so much today, it would have been a pretty boring race overall for spectators but at the track and at home watching live.

A very multi faceted race today indeed.

akeizm - Unregistered

May 05, 2013 10:39 PM

I'm more surprised Lorenzo didn't predict a move like this from Marc. Watching the race, it almost looked like Lorenzo could have just held off the throttle and turned in a little later and Marc would have gone flying past and Lorenzo could have turned back in under him and gotten a better drive to the line.

But no instead, I'll just turn in and expect Marc not to hit me. Wag that finger some more Lorenzo you girl.

black prince - Unregistered

May 05, 2013 10:56 PM

Well Well this is more like it I thought i was watching Motocross on the last lap with MM using Lorenzo as a berm to get around the corner bring it on,
Makes it more interesting racing MORE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!
Lorenzo don't wave your finger at MM use it to twist the throttle more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
from DIngo Land.

amakusa

May 06, 2013 1:00 AM

Lorenzo in his 250 n early motogp days was very capable of doing the same move Marquez did. Lorenzo has now matured as a gp rider he doesnt need to do such noobie stuff anymore, but im sure he still can race raw like Marquez does, so this wont be the end of it.

amakusa

May 06, 2013 1:05 AM

And whilst i was full of praise for MM in last race, i am starting to lose respect to him now with that move. As a rider i utterly disrespect block passes its really dirty. And MM seems to think he did the right thing, what a fool. Wait till he gets bumped out by block passes lets see him take those as gracefully as Lorenzo did.

bri t

May 06, 2013 1:46 AM

Jorge is gentleman like on and off the track. Respect to him because he did leave the door open to my surprise, and Marcs move was bold but! out of control so a little bit of a mistake both sides I guess.

I wasn't that happy with the move myself but it makes for track action at least.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8  »