MotoGP » MotoGP Jerez: Marquez move inspired by Rossi

“I remember Valentino and many riders. I just tried to do the same,” - Marc Marquez.

Gaz - Unregistered

May 05, 2013 10:51 PM

Marquez said "I saw many times on the videos you can overtake at the last corner. I remember Valentino and many riders. I just tried to do the same”
That doesn't make it right ! So long as he doesn't start whinging the next time a rider does it to him and results in a broken arm or leg.
I think he should have been demoted back to 3rd place.
He will get what's coming to him and I hope its a compound fracture !

That was no Rossi/Gibernau incident!
Rossi went for a gap wasn't there, whereas Jorge left the door wide open & Marc accepted the invitation.
The reason for the collision, was more due to Marc not being able to get the bike turned enough whilst keeping the brakes on!
It wasn't ideal, but it definitely wasn't the reckless Marc we've become accustomed to in Moto2 !

Humpydog

May 05, 2013 10:55 PM

Block pass? More like "the 99 ball in the side pocket." Jorge must have thought Rossi changed into Honda gear. JL left the door open but when he realized it, he should have avoided the kid because if he doesn't bounce off JL he'd be lucky not to end up in the stands entering the corner that hot.

rab 27 - Unregistered

May 05, 2013 11:13 PM

what this kid is doing is amazing.i thought he may win one or two races but suffer some falls in a learning year.no way did i think he would be a serious contender for the title,but today proved he is.
he is so far ahead of the bike its unreal.he lost the front so many times today yet never batted an eyelid or eased off straight after.
his last lap was genius.he didnt make a move til the final pit boards went out so jorge thought the gap he had was safe and didnt push more.then marc got the hammer down knowing he could bridge the gap in one lap after watching jorge for the previous laps while holding station.
racecraft way beyond his years,and his machine control is unreal,he never looked liked crashing during the race ,despite running close to jorge mid corner on several occasions.
the current riders will not be able to respond to him upping the game,its going to take more young riders coming through as the game has just moved up yet another level,and about time too !

Anarki - Unregistered

May 05, 2013 11:19 PM

I like Jorge as a rider very much, but I don't understand him sometimes like today, whole race Marc behind him inside a second, he never changed anything, I mean his approach, he couldn't shake Marc, why not race with him, change the rhythm, let him go in front for a while, whatever, just see what this guy can do, follow him a bit and attack him and beat him, or lose, whatever, i don't know, maybe he thought Marc would go away.

What a season we are having, Dani, Lorenzo MM and Cal all up front to give us a great weekend and then on race day, Rossi and crew give us a great mid pack race.

You couldnt ask for more... well maybe if Rossi was able to do more than just beat a Sat bike but hey, thats the breaks, sometimes the competition is just too dam good for old timers but we enjoy them anyway

One thing for sure, these 3 alliens + Cal will give us plenty to talk about

MArty - Unregistered

May 05, 2013 11:59 PM

MotoGP has now got its new bad boy that it will exploit feuding rivalry.
I just wonder how the Euro press will handle it as he is one of their own. Stoner was a much easier press target as he was neither Spanish nor Italian.

27to93 - Unregistered

May 06, 2013 12:03 AM

“I remember Valentino and many riders. I just tried to do the same,”

I'm your supporter Marc but unfortunately a banana rider is rare, so your hope/wish of reversed scenario is almost none, you will *always* do more bad moves to others than the opposite, I guarantee that. I just don't want you end up like 52. If you know from the past incident that you can't make that corner why you still do it? simple, you're banana and unlikely will get the reverse attitude! the only thing that stop you is when you out of control *alone* like 52. You're future champion, don't ruin it too soon.

Raafrebel

May 06, 2013 12:04 AM

It was a great race by both riders and very entertaining for us fans,
I was a little disapinted in Lorenzo for not accepting a hand shake or bottle touch on the podium.
I thought lorenzo was a bit better sport than that. It was a racing inccendent and a good one as no one crashed.
Cmon Jorge, dont be a ****, you are too good to let that burst your bubble!!
Well done to the rookie, I think you did everything right

cbrbamby

May 06, 2013 12:15 AM

Jorge had turn in problems all throughout the race and seeing as track temp was at its highest of any point during race weekend he was unable to replicate the same form from practice and qualifying. However there were a handful of times throughout the race that I thought for sure Marquez was gonna use his bike as a missile and wipe himself and Jorge out and was relieved he didn't only for that last turn near miss and absolute miracle they both stayed on. No doubt lorenzo took that thing way wide but given what was seen throughout the race in regards to Marquez's aggression and near misses into the rear of the yamaha you can't help but really wonder who was in the wrong more. Bautista and Barbera take out riders and their flamed for it. But simmoncelli and Marquez do the same and they're praised cus their faster. And I do believe Marquez is incredibly talented but this is how I see it

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »