MotoGP » Crutchlow second quickest during frame, braking tests

"I tried a different frame today but honestly I couldn't really find any improvement" - Cal Crutchlow.

Realist

May 08, 2013 3:46 PM

@ Jamie47

I never said they were the SAME. I've always stated that they are very close. The ONLY issue up for debate is the electronics portion of my statement. Cal has the same engine, the same frame (..him and Rossi were on the old frame...the T3 bikes were updated the end of last year) and it is CLEAR that Cal's bike is the business. Yes, I said that I rate his T3 bike over Bradl's factory backed RCV simply based on PERFORMANCE IN THE RACES. I articulated why I felt the way the way I do, and you are free to disagree. I would take the T3 bike over Bradl's RCV any day of the week. Address your lack of basic comprehension and read that entire discussion again.

jjthekid46 - Unregistered

May 08, 2013 4:02 PM

The dead give away that Cal's bike is practically just as good as the factory one's is the fact that Lorenzo and Rossi even bothered to go back to the chassis that Cal is using and re-test it. Factory riders DO NOT go back and re-test old material unless it's inconclusive that the new material is actually any better than the old stuff in the first place. It wouldn't be the first time that the new material isn't any better or in some cases even worse than the old material. The one advantage Rossi and Jorge do have as factory riders is that they get any new materials first, while Cal has to wait for his.....

Jamie47 - Unregistered

May 08, 2013 5:31 PM

Realist, your post are full of incorrect info and inconsistencies. It's hard to take someone serious when they contradict themselves.

You sad that cal has the same frame as Rossi which is not true. Cal has the frame that the factory bikes had at the start of 2012. Rossi has the frame that the factory bike had at the end of 2012.

They do not have the same electronics package at all.

And why you are still saying you'd take call tech3 bike over bradls factory rcv is beyond me.

You already stated in a previous post that calls bike is the best package outside a factory rcv and factory m1 so that puts it behind 5 other bikes at least, one of them being bradls factory Honda.

Just because cal is beating Bradls factory bike doesn't mean the tech 3 bike is better.

You clearly have comprehension issues for sure.

Realist

May 08, 2013 5:43 PM

@ Jamie47

It was reported that the T3 bikes were updated the end of last year. If that is incorrect (and I doubt it is), then that is not my fault. Nonetheless, yes...I'd take the T3 bike over Bradl's. Why you're making a huge ruckus about that is beyond me. I....meaning, me personally, rate the T3 bike as being the better balanced machine. The T3 bike has been strong for 3 or so seasons already, and is a proven podium capable bike. The satellite "factory backed" RCV...not so much.

Don-R

May 08, 2013 6:03 PM

@ Larry

"you can count him out of contention for a factory seat."

I believe Cal has a very reasonable chance of a factory ride - just not with Yamaha. I think next year might well see him moving to either the Suzuki or Ducati factory squad. Neither of them particularly coveted rides, unfortunately, other than in terms of salary. But then it's hard to foresee any rider outside of Spain or Italy being on a factory Honda or Yamaha for some time to come.

Larry - Unregistered

May 08, 2013 7:38 PM

Good point don-r. I meant to say factory Yamaha. He certainly has as good a shot as any at joining the factory suzuki squad. Ducati maybe.. I gotta believe barring some good results from the pramac riders, ducati would prefer to draw from them as opposed to any other manufacturers. Although we have seen dovi go straight from tech3 to the factory outfit. I have a feeling this wont be the case with crutchlow..

Jamie47 - Unregistered

May 08, 2013 8:03 PM

Realist,

It's clear that you obviously don't understand what bike bradl actually has underneath him.

Bradl has a FULL factory bike that is an IDENTICAL spec to that of the Pedrosa and Marquez.

Bradl is on a race winning bike that has won 2 out of 3 races. Just because Cal is outperforming him, doesn't mean that the satellite Yamaha is better than a factory Honda because the other 2 factory Hondas are beating Cal. The factory RCV is better than the factory M1 so I really can't see your logic in saying its not as good as Cals second rate M1.

Your digging yourself deeper into the hole my friend and continuing to argue against undisputable facts is not good for your credibility.

Realist

May 09, 2013 1:00 AM

@ Jamie47

What part of "I don't care about Bradl's factory RCV" don't you get??? I understand EXACTLY what Bradl has underneath him. I also understand what Crutchlow has underneath him as well. I PERSONALLY rate the T3 bike as the better of the bikes despite it only being CLOSE TO a factory M1. Simo's factory backed RCV was more or less a 5th - 7th place bike as well.

Larry - Unregistered

May 09, 2013 2:57 AM

So realist for you to believe the tech3 is the better bike you have to believe one of two things: 1 that it is also better than pedrosa's and Marquez's bike or 2 that Bradl is not on a bike with full "factory support". Which is it?

tricky - Unregistered

May 09, 2013 7:55 AM

am I reading this right, that someone really thinks tat the customer Yamaha is better than the factory works rcv?????

this has to be the most out of touch comment I have ever heard on here and ive heard some good ones!!!!!

id like to know the reasoning behind this please because I cant see why anyone would think this.

« 1 2 3 4 5  »