MotoGP » Valentino Rossi gives opinion on Marquez-Lorenzo clash

"It is the last lap, the last corner and for sure the guy behind will try something" - Valentino Rossi.

JAS - Unregistered

May 08, 2013 9:50 AM

If M.M. had pulled that move on Rossi, his Fans(?)
would be Clamouring for Blood!
It was Not a Safe Move! Fortunately both riders stayed on.
Also, to add, Valentino's move on Casey at Laguna Seca
Was Not a Safe Move it was Desperate!!
Winning at all costs, I agree with, but Winning by colliding, or taking another rider out is Not On!

Lorenzo and Stoner seem to be Hated so much because they Spanked Valentino on more than one
occasion........That's Just Racing!

ronny - Unregistered

May 08, 2013 10:24 AM

Reflecting on defeat to Marquez, Lorenzo told MCN: “I lost the second place and it was like this. Race Direction decided not to do anything and that's it. We didn't crash and that's important and I lost four points and the lead in the world championship.

But it is a good lesson to learn again because after Montmelo in 2009 I thought I had learnt the lesson. This time it was different because in Montmelo I knew that Valentino was there but in Jerez I thought he (Marquez) was further back but he was closer than I expected. I didn't make a defensive line. This was my mistake and this is a lesson to learn in the future which is not be to be confident of the distance of the rider behind.”

ronny - Unregistered

May 08, 2013 10:26 AM

When asked by MCN if he felt Race Direction had been too lenient with Marquez and that his move warranted a penalty, Lorenzo added: “I don't think that it matters so much what I think because it is not me taking the decision. Let's see what happens in the future and maybe this will improve me as a rider and I will be more aggressive like I was in 250s.

Let's see what happens in the future. I don't know how I will act on the bike. Sometimes you can act differently than you would when you are outside of the bike. I can only improve my riding so for this reason and I think this is positive what happened. Probably not only defensively but offensively because in the last period I have not been a good braker.”

Lorenzo also acknowledged his refusal to shake the hand of Marquez in Parc Ferme or tap champagne bottles on the podium was a response born out of frustration and a natural human reaction in the heat of the moment.

He added: “On one hand let's say I was very hot. Only three minutes

ronny - Unregistered

May 08, 2013 10:27 AM

He added: “On one hand let's say I was very hot. Only three minutes before Parc Ferme I lost second place and the chance to lead the world championship after a very difficult race where I was fighting with my bike to finish close to them. It was a human reaction and all the people that criticise me for not accepting the apology from Marc, they would do exactly the same in my situation. When I was hot I didn't take his hand iit was a natural feeling for me but with a cool mind then probably I would have acted differently. I can excuse him.”

Anaki - Unregistered

May 08, 2013 10:45 AM

I remember Lorenzo was very hot headed, ok he calmed down after that incident in China a few years back, but he did his share of tough moves. Anyway, the "pass" was, at least, very hard, but i think it is somewhere along the line of what is acceptable, not in outcome, but in try. Of course opinion on this depends for who you cheer, but almost everybody had a very similar views on the incident.

Jerez - Unregistered

May 08, 2013 10:46 AM

Very restrained. Very different from the Lorenzo who used to easily loose his cool with Simoncelli... Is it all a good PR act or has he really changed? Hard to tell. My guess is he's fuming inside.

Chong Min - Unregistered

May 08, 2013 11:02 AM

I don't think MM meant to Crash into JL, just a "racing incident" as Eurosport commentators JR and
TM surmised. Funny that BBC Sport commentators CC and SP were wondering if MM would be penalized.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »