MotoGP » BT MotoGP deal to be announced on Thursday?

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Sidevalver - Unregistered

May 08, 2013 3:06 PM

Dorna, if you are reading this count me as an ex viewer. Unless I can get all the GP, WSB, BSB from my dish for what I pay now They can stuff the lot.
Bike racing is the best sport ever, and I have loved it for 40 years, but its not my whole life.

I'M NOT BUYING ANYMORE EQUIPMENT, OR MAKING ANY MORE SUBSCRIPTIONS THAN I DO NOW

STONER - Unregistered

May 08, 2013 3:12 PM

Well this is one way to get rid of Charlie Cox but we have to pay to do it?

Sad to hear the BBC crew are without a job but really did they deserve to even be hired in the 1st place?

Maybe BT will bring on some pros to commentate!

Spud Chucker - Unregistered

May 08, 2013 3:57 PM

This will also impact on the British GP, as the people who follow it throughout the season on TV won't bother to turn up just to watch 1 race when they have no access to see all the others.

Renard - Unregistered

May 08, 2013 4:20 PM

@PS46
People, like me, are mentioning broadband because a lot of BT Vision's services require a fast stable broadband connection. We don't have one so we're not going to pay for features we won't use purely to get MotoGP.
And if BT become the sole broadcaster of MotoGP I'm fairly certain you won't be able to watch it on Sky like you say.

awj46yanto - Unregistered

May 08, 2013 4:37 PM

@renard . sorry mate but Ur wrong. if u read the blue link in the story on a variety of platforms it clearly say's that u will be able 2 watch through a sky channel but deal direct with bt. so at least this will not affect broadband speeds & the need 2 change broadband providers. the biggest concern 4 me is the cost per month & will i have 2 subscribe 2 all bt sport's or just Motogp. 2morrow will be interesting

PatrickD

May 08, 2013 4:39 PM

BBC used to show just one a year. Since they've started showing it, I doubt there are many new fans. The racing is turgid, the commentary is cringe worthy and the riders are dull. We'll be watching the last corner collision for the rest of the season and be told how great this class is. Really?
I'm not surprised if the Beeb give it up. It's a minority sport that's better suited to a specific sports channel. I'm a bike fan, but even I don't think it's worth 2 hours of Sunday daytime on BBC1. The red button would've been fine for the three classes. I think itv do a great job of the TT, Eurosport were great for motogp and wsb.

Stu - Unregistered

May 08, 2013 4:42 PM

Sadly Mr Humphrey has forgotten his roots already and is showing complete disrespect to the broadcaster who put him where he is today. Don't believe he tweeted about MOTOGP previously?
Has he suddenly become interested?
Not a good deal for the sport, I'm a casual MOTOGP viewer so not the end of the world but still sad it's disappearing from my screen next year.

Ian - Unregistered

May 08, 2013 4:54 PM

This is terrible news. I ditched BT ages ago due to their poor service and slow broadband. Putting a specialist sport like Motogp on pay per view TV is the kiss of death. Dorna must be mad - or just plain greedy?

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »