MotoGP » Official: MotoGP to BT Sport in new UK TV deal

BT Sport to take over live MotoGP TV coverage in the UK from 2014 - new channels available FREE to BT Broadband customers.

99 Crystal Ball. - Unregistered

May 09, 2013 4:59 PM

I havent read most of the comments here but i assume most U.K viewers are pretty pissed off about this.
Can you imagine how many MotoGP fans in the U.K will NOT be watching from next year!
Well done Dorna.Shoot yourself in the foot with both barrels why dont you!

fan of motogg - Unregistered

May 09, 2013 5:03 PM

I live in the states and have been wathing motogp on line on British Eurosport for years, because speed tv sux... if BT is allowing it broadban customers free access then it will be easy to find it online from a number of bootleg tv streems like my player, jtv, my premium tv.

yes it wont be on your big screen, I have a 23" monitor and get it in HD and the quaity is great...

all you need do is be a lil resourcefull and you can find anything online...

Jon

May 09, 2013 5:15 PM

Forgive me if someone has already mentioned this, but despite living only 1 mile outside of the M25, I can't reliably get broadband over 1.5mb and NOBODY offers fibre in my area.

Streaming anything except radio is impossible, even low quality YouTube suffers.
What they hell am I meant to do? Pay for BT broadband so I can watch MotoGP via my Sky subscription?
That's double money!!!

Kate - Unregistered

May 09, 2013 5:23 PM

So it seems that other than the odd smug whatsit who already has BT, there's pretty much universal disgust at this decision. Having spoken to 6 big MotoGP fans in the office, none are prepared to pick up another subscription. The UK may be a small audience overall, but good luck attracting more factory teams & sponsors when you've lost / alienated a pretty big market.

kinmad4it

May 09, 2013 5:39 PM

I find this whole thing completely distasteful. I refuse to be held to ransom, yet again, to watch just one sport. The sad thing is, this wont really affect any sponsors as the majority are from Spain and Italy anyway. All this does is alienate the UK fan base whilst lining Dorna's pockets. Like others have said, at least we still have WSBK and BSB on Eurosport to enjoy.

Nickfox

May 09, 2013 6:00 PM

Sad sad day indeed with this new's. hope some geek out start a denial of service on them as they need it.

Money grabbing git's

P.s i know I shouldn't say that about DoS but thats the way i feel at the moment.

billy bantam - Unregistered

May 09, 2013 6:12 PM

"UK Sports fans have had a rough deal for too long," said BT chief executive Ian Livingston. "Many have been priced out of the market but we will change this by giving away BT Sport for free with our broadband. Sports fans are the winners today."

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.
Bye bye MotoGP for me.
Shame.

Pasconet - Unregistered

May 09, 2013 6:18 PM

well that's me forked then. I'm not buying more bloody TV packages and as I cant use BT broadband for work reasons, (and anyway my connection is too slow for TV) we all loose.

« 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17  »